Will a Rhinoplasty help my overall appearance? (Photo)

My nose is much larger than I would like, would it be possible/beneficial to have my bridge and tip reduced?

Rhinoplasty candidate

Narrowing of your nasal bridge and tip will defenitely benefit you. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

The quick answer is yes.  A rhinoplasty can be done to reduce the tip and reduce the width of the nasal bridge.  Those are two of the most common reasons to get a rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty to make a smaller nose

Yes, reducing the width of the bridge and tip can be done to crete an overall smaller, more refined appearance to the nose. The actually techniques used would depend on your anatomy and preference as to the amount of change made. This is best assessed with an office examination. In the meantime you can read more about rhinoplasty and narrowing the nose at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Will a Rhinoplasty help my overall appearance?

Yes. All of these items can be addressed with a closed rhinoplasty to refine the tip and narrow the bridge.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Best Rhinoplasty

Hi Eric,

Properly performed rhinoplasty should decrease the size of your nose and refine it's contour to bring it into harmony with your other facial features.  The nose should not be the main focus of a face, rather it should "get out of the way" of the other features so focus is directed on the individuals eyes.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose, it certainly would stand to reason that a rhinoplasty may be beneficial.  Best to be seen in person. Good luck.

Improvement in appearance with a rhinoplasty

You're Question is best answered with a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Your photo shows that your nose does somewhat dominate your face on anterior review. The dorsum and tip are both wide and I think he would benefit from having these narrowed. Whether anything else would be appropriate would depend on how your nose looks on more views. Be sure to picka surgeon who does lots of rhinoplasties. 

Rhinoplasty questions

There are portions of your nose that could be improved with a rhinoplasty.  Your next step would be to have an evaluation by an experienced plastic surgeon.  

Based on the photo you provided it appears that changes can be made to your nose with rhinoplasty surgery.  The bridge can be narrowed and the tip reduced.  I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon for consultation to discuss options to improve the appearance of your nose.

Eugene Kim, MD

The areas that concern you can be realistically cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon