Rhinoplasty Help : What Can I Do to Fix my Nose? (photo)

14 years old but turning 15. I know alot may say your to young to get rhinoplasty,but my nose will never grow since its flat it has always been like that since i was a baby.when i place a finger on the edge of my nose and push it down it goes all the way with no problem . My nostrials are also uneven, i really want my bridge to be up and defined.I cant breathe well because its a little bit difficult to inhale air with such little room. Do you think its going to grow or not , shouldi wait ?

Best age for rhinoplasty

+1

Your concerns are valid and easily visible in your posted photos. The issue of age is important because if you do it too early your nose will not fit your face when you are fully grown. Looking at your photos your face does not look full grown. The best way to ascertain this is to get an x-ray of your hand and see if the bone growth centers in your hand have sealed. Once that occurs you will not have much bone growth after that point.

Once it is clear that you are old enough to have the surgery the next issue is exactly what should be done. Your bridge is deficient of bone and cartilage, the tip cartilages are not attached to the septal cartilage so you can push the tip into your face, the nostrils are oriented from side to side instead of front to back and the upper jaw is retruded back relative to the lower jaw. It is clear you will need to augment the bridge with cartilage or an implant and that you need some tip work. It is not clear from the photos if other issues exist or need to be addressed.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Rhinoplasty can definitely help

+1

Hello. Having done many plastic surgeries on children and teenagers, I know how important your self image is. It is not too early to address the issues you have with your nose. The shallow dorsum can be augmented. The tip can be reinforced, narrowed and elevated so that it doesn't easily push down towards your face. Have your parents help you with this process. Summertime is ideal for teenagers to have surgery and recouperate without missing school.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Most teenage girls are physically ready for rhinoplasty by 15

+1

Most women have past their growth spurt by 15 years of age. The other consideration is the emotional maturity of a teenager. 15 used to be considered too young, but that was decades ago and teens are more sophisticated and worldly than they used to be. In order to make the nose larger to augment the bridge, narrow the width of the nostrils and obtain better tip strength we used grafts. The specific grafts we choose are better determined at the time of personal examination.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Is 15 Years Old Too Young To Have A Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)?

+1

15 years old is old enough for a rhinoplasty, especially a non-Caucasian or Asian rhinoplasty, since this type of rhinoplasty is basically an augmentation.  If you were my patient, I would deal with four basic issues:

1.  A bridge augmentation

2.  A nostril sill reduction (decreasing the base width of the nose)

3.  Correction of bimaxillary retrusion (your upper lip doesn't stick out too far, but actually your nose is in a hole)

4.  Lengthening the columella, improving tip definition/projection, and giving columella show (cartilage graft from ear to columella)

Pick your plastic surgeon carefully.  Choose a Board Certified plastic surgeon experienced in this unique type of nasal surgery. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Age to Decrease Nasal Width and Improve Definition

+1

A 15 year old young lady is old enough to have a rhinoplasty which in your case will decrease the width, improve definition and projection with cartilage grafts, and narrow the alar base. Having done this work for over 35 years I never seen a problem with operating on a young lady like yourself.

Rhinoplasty Help : What Can I Do to Fix my Nose?

+1

If you have ceased growth, then a rhinoplasty may be considered.  Your bridge and tip can be built up to create the nose you want.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty in females.

+1

For 35 years I have done rhinoplasties on young females at 14 years of age. The bridge, tip and nostrils can be done to give a more attractive nose. 

Age requirements for rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. For girls I like to wait 2 years after the first menstrual cycle to have a rhinoplasty and for boys I wait a little bit longer usually around age 18. Rhinoplasty is the best option to improve your nose.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD