Is Rhinoplasty Good for Me? My Nose is Extremely Flat and Ugly. (photo)

Hey pls i need help my nose is so flat and ugly that whenever i go on d bus or go out to school every1 who see's me quickly touches their nose and even if i dont go out of my roomates are constantly making fun of me.Life has become so hard for me i am 20 years old now and i have never had a girlfriend juzt because of this. Every1 is ashamed of me and no one wants to do things with me all because of my nose.I have attached some pictures i took pls tell me the kind of nose that will be good for me

"Flat and Ugly" Nose

+2

Don't be so tough on yourself, but your nose can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery. An experienced surgeon will narrow your tip and the base of your nose; the tip can also be repositioned and the projection increased. Finally, the retracted nostril rims should be lowered. All this will give you a natural result. Fix your nose and get on with your life.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+2

Dear Temitola,

You would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. You could use some alterations to your nose that would keep a natural appearance and bring harmony to your facial features. With my patients during the consultation phase I do digital imaging of the nose and can show the patient their proposed result prior to surgery. This may be helpful for you to see what modifications would be surgically proposed and how it will affect your overall appearance. With that said you should get new friends if they do not want to be with you due to your nose. Plastic surgery is very rewarding to patients in helping them with their self esteem issues that have been severely deflated by bullying, nasty comments, etc..If you decide to go ahead with a rhinoplasty do this for yourself and yourself only .Best regards, Michael V. Elam M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Candidate for Rhinoplasty Improvements?

+1

You're being far too hard on yourself, but your statements require me to point out that young men often have unrealistic expectations about nose reshaping. Improving one’s nose is done for self esteem and confidence (like other cosmetic surgery), but will not singularly improve your overall happiness. 

Having said that, I do think you could benefit from a rhinoplasty where the nasal tip can be bolstered to give it support, coupled with other improvements to nostrils, columella etc. Ultimately, rhinoplasty would give you a more masculine nose.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide!

Dr. A

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the flat nose.

+1

Yes the nose can be done to a more attractive nose.  However, this is not a guarantee that the relationship of your and your friends will change.  If you feel better about the way  you look that changes how you and they interact--hopefully in a positive way.