Can Rhinoplasty Give Me the Changes I’m Looking For? (photo)

I’ve always hated the fat wide look and bulbousness and would love to have a sharper more defined but still masculine nose. Not looking for perfection but wanting a dramatic improvement in definition rather than just subtle changes and the same old ugly nose again. Is this possible or am I asking for too much?

A conservative rhinoplasty would be best

+2

Rhinoplasty and most other facial plastic procedures must be tailored to men so as to not overly feminize the defining male characteristics. A sculpted small nose does not fit on a man's face and is a tell tale sign of cosmetic surgery. The same holds true for overly aggressive eye and brow procedures on men. It appears as if your tip is broad and that your nostrils are a bit flared in comparison with the remainder of your nose. These things can be discussed and proposed changes can be shown to you through digital morphing. Consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon should help you decide what changes are appropriate for you.

Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and wide nostrils.

+2

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and wide nostrils involves refining the tip and alar base reduction. This is especially try since your tip will be narrower and the width of the base would be more obvious if this was not narrowed. I would have to see other views to give a proper answer as to what else needs to be done if anything.

Can Rhinoplasty Give Me the Changes I’m Looking For?

+2

Aesthetically speaking, from the photo providfed, the nasal tip cartilages are a bit wide and weak covered by thick skin.  The nostrils are a bit wide and flared.  A cloder tip-plasty, not a full Rhinoplasty, would refine and sharpen the nasal tip.  Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty to define wide bulbous tip in male patient

+1

Rhinoplasty can give changes to the nose, but expectations need to be clearly communicated between the surgeon and patient.  Thick, olive, and oily skin, tends to mask any sharp angulation and definition in the nose and is more common with male rhinoplasty.   Narrowing of the tip and the bridge with hump removal can certainly be done during rhinoplasty as an outpatient surgical procedure.  It is important to not overdue the nose in a male rhinoplasty. 

Subtle but significant changes with rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty is often called a surgery of millimeters because even such small changes will impact the final result immensely.  I think you'll find that with several "subtle" changes, when performed in combination, will give you a "significant" change and the defined nose you seek.  So to answer your question, yes, the changes you mention are definitely possible.  Find a well-trained, rhinoplasty specialist and be sure to communicate clearly your goals to him/her.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty Procedure

+1
Thank you for your question. If you are continually concerned with the size, shape, or symmetry of your nose, a nose job may be the perfect solution for you. Based on your photos, you are a candidate for rhinoplasty. But, there are many things you should first consider if you are thinking about having one. A cosmetic rhinoplasty is a huge decision, one that requires plenty of patience and perseverance. A rhinoplasty is not something to consider lightly. I stress to patients that only those who are wholly dissatisfied with their appearance, who want to change their facial structure, and who have great patience should continue with this procedure. This is not to dissuade anyone from having a nose job—only to stress the importance of careful and serious consideration. I would suggest consulting with multiple board-certified,  experienced doctors before undergoing surgery. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD