Can Rhinoplasty Give Me a Slightly Overprojected Profile?

I know how odd this sounds, but I think that a slightly overprojected nose is beautiful. The profile reminds me of Barbra Streisand or Lady Diana. Can such a look be achieved through an implant or filler?

Rhinoplasty to increase projection

+1

Projection of the nose can be accomplished with cartilage grafting to the tip and bridge.  Cartilaginous struts can also be used to increase tip projection.  Clear communication with your surgeon to establish what you want to achieve with rhinoplasty is very important.

Making a dorsal hump

+1

I agree this would be a unusual request but can be done

i would recommend an absorbable filler so that you can "date" the look before you " marry" it with a graft.

also this look makes more sense with a longer narrower face and a slightly narrow nose

keep that in mind

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Overprojection of nose

+1

It is an unusual request to give someone a dorsal hump, but it could be achieved with fillers  (on-surgically) or with graft material.

Increasing Nasal Projection

+1

Nasal projection can be increased with rhinoplasty surgery. You mention 2 public figures with the profile you want to achieve. Consult with an experienced surgeon to discuss your goals and alternative procedures.

Rhinoplasty with overprojected profile

+1

Yes, An overprojected profile can be created by either temporary fillers (quick fix ) or a surgical augmentation procedure preferably using permanent grafts of cartilage from inside your own nose using "spare" parts from your septum. In case your septum was removed there is still plenty of "spare parts" cartilage from your ears to use that leaves no ear scar and does not change its shape.the operation is painless and you will look like you did not have surgery by 2 weeks.

Edward O. Terino, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

A nose can certainly be built up to increase its projection if needed.  However, it is much simpler to reduce a nose by removing bone and cartilage than trying to build it up by adding bone or cartilage. It's much harder to get a natural result.  I would be very cautious about going this route; you could be setting yourself up for a dissappointment.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty to increase projection.

+1

Yes many people want to increase projection of the nose. Many famous actresses actually have over projected noses. There are several ways to do this and I would need to see photos.