Can Rhinoplasty Give Me my Old Nose Back?

So the scenario is that I got jumped outside of a bar (karma), my face was punched in...I figured after the swelling went down my nose would return to normal, it didn't. It's basically fat now,

I'm debating if I should get the surgery because I can't stand how I look in pictures now. I think it's the bridge but I'm not sure. Nobody seems to notice a difference until I point it out, so it makes me feel obsessed with this damn thing. That's why I cant decide if I should go through with it. Happened at 21 (23now)

Rhinoplasty to achieve pre-injury appearance of nose

+1

It appears in the pictures that your nose bones have become splayed and widened, which gives a flat top appearance after your injury. Certainly, a rhinoplasty can address those issues to give a more narrow and refined nose. It also appears that the upper lateral cartilages have fractured off both nasal bones whereby the bones are wide and the cartilage is narrow. The dorsal aesthetic lines on the nose need to be addressed through a rhinoplasty procedure. Look for a surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasties who can take care of this complex problem.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Restore Nasal Appearance after Trauma

+1

Rhinoplasty will improve appearance after trauma. During consultation establish surgical goals, whether that be the pre-injury appearance or overall improvement. There are always limitations with surgery, but your surgeon will help clarify your alternatives.  

Nasal trauma and rhinoplasty

+1

If you feel that your nose significantly changed after your trauma, then I suggest that you see a rhinoplasty specialist to be evaluated. He/she may be able to offer you correction of your problem.

Rhinoplasty to restore nose after trauma

+1

You have what called an inverted V deformity as well as a shifted bony pyramid. This can be repaired but may require spreader grafts as well as bringing the bones back together to give you the appropriate aesthetic. The spreader grafts add some degree of complexity to the procedure but any qualified rhinoplasty specialist will be facile at this procedure.

Rhinoplasty to Repair Splayed Nasal Bones from Trauma

+1

Hi Help,

It looks like Karma hit your nose and spread your nasal bones apart in the upper 1/3 of your nose. By bringing those bones back together, you should be able to have your nose before the trauma back. There may be a little tweak here or there as well in restoring your nose through rhinoplasty. Most importantly, choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty after nasal trauma.

+1

Your nasal bones have been fractured and can be reset with a rhinoplasty. If that is the only thing bothering you about your nose, only have the surgeon do that.

Depressed nasal Bones

+1

Hi,

From the pictures you sent, it appears the you have broken your nasal bones and caused a slight "open roof deformity". You can have this corrected with a rhinoplasty but unfortunately it will never look exactly as it it did before. Your nose should certainly look better and close to what it was before but not exactly.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Restoring nasal shape after an injury

+1

Rhinoplasty to restore nasal shape, or airway after an accident or injury is very common as it is true broken noses happen every day. The decision for surgery is based on the airway or breathing, and the outward appearance of the nose. The techniques in rhinoplasty are adaptable to adjust the bridge with controlled fractures, grafts of tissue, and reduction and alignment of tissues to produce your 'old nose' if you wish. If you are having trouble seeing what is different it may help to have a surgeon in your area review your pictures with a clinical exam as well to help understand what has changed with the injury, and what must be done to bring your old nose back. Persistent imperfections are a risk, but if you can't get it off your mind it is worth looking into, and insurance benefits may be available for the repairs.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Restoration of nasal appearance following trauma

+1

Restoring the original appearance of the nose may never be possible. However, improving the bridge and narrowing the tip is possible. Your nose does not appear distorted otherwise and I would generally recommend to leave it alone unless you had obvious deformity or deflection or functional problems.

Rhinoplasty after an accident

+1

It is hard to tell from your pictures the extent of deformity after your accident.  However, it is likely that improvements can be made.  You will likely not have your original nose back, but changes can be made in that direction.  Good luck. 

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com