Can Rhinoplasty Give a Nose Salma Hayek?

I've always hated my nose, really. It's the basic African nose, except the bridge is prominent, and as you descend, it start to widen in shape. However, my nose it not flat, just wide. Is there anyway it can be similar to hers? If not, how small could it be?

Better nose for you - rhinoplasty is not personplasty

+1

I think you can certainly have a better nose.  However, you will not have a nose like Selma Hayek.  She has a distinctly different look than you and a different nose that would be nearly impossible to achieve surgically given your current nose.

Rhinoplasty for wide nose

+1

It is impossible to give a rhinoplasty such as the celebrity shown in the accompanying picture from the nose that is presented in the photos.  Refinement of the existing nose can be accomplished by narrowing the tip, bridge, and nostrils. The results should balance with your facial features, not someone else’s.

Can I get a 'Salma Hayek' Nose?

+1

I always appreciate it when patients bring me photos noses they like. It helps to see what their aesthetic 'ideal' is. This is a starting point but typically the plan will be modified to allow for each patient's unique anatomy and facial features. In your particular case the apparently thick nasal skin may limit how sculpted the nasal tip may look. Nevertheless, judicious thinning of the fatty component of the skin, modification of the cartilage and cartilage grafting all can help create a more sculpted nasal appearance. In short, even though your results will be affected by your unique anatomy, you will be able to see an improvement in your appearance. Best of Luck    Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Rhinoplasty for think bulbous nose- similar to Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty for AA, similar to Asian patients, are challenging because the skin envelope over the cartilage at the nose tip is very thick.  This makes it difficult to give definition to the nose from the underlying cartilage.  However, significant improvement can be achieved by debulking the thick tissue along with procedures like alarplasty to narrow the wings of the nose.  In some cases, augmenting the top aspect of the bridge can also help balance out the nose as well.  Hope that helps!

C. Carson Huynh, MD, DMD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose changes

+1

You can not look like Salma Hayek.  But, you can have a better nose for you.  remember your thick skin will impact the refinement.