Can Rhinoplasty Give Me a 'Normal' Nose? (photo)

I'm getting a Septorhinoplasty done in a little less than 3 weeks. I'm super anxious/excited, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much. I broke/fractured my nose when I was in the 2nd grade. As a result, I have a bump/a deviated septum. I think it looks HUGE from the side at an angle. I'm really self conscious about my nose in general, and I'd just like some professional opinions/possible reassurance.

Reduction rhinoplasty and chin implant

+2

There is no such as normal nose. What is normal to you may not be normal to another individual. What you should be asking is, am I going to have a nose that would fit my face with a good function. What you need is a reduction septorhinoplasty which is a medical term used to describe nasal surgery intended to reduce the overall size of the nose.  Looking at limited picture of your nose, an open septorhinoplasty is a good option. You may also benefit from a chin implant. You need to find a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. Good luck Dr. Sadati

Can Rhinoplasty Give Me a 'Normal' Nose?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the nose is a bit large with a dorsal hump and the chin is quite weak.  The nose can be reduced and thinned to make it more naturally attractive but if the chin remains weak, the upper face will always appear top heavy.  A Chin Implant should be considered at the same time as the closed Rhinoplasty...hope this helps.

It's best to be specific about what you like and don't like about your nose when discussing rhinoplasty

+1

What one person considers normal is different than someone else's opinon. Thats why most rhinoplasty docs will ask you to be more specific when asking you what you don't like about your nose. Thats the first step in the consultation. After you share this info it's easier for your surgeon to address your specific concerns and take it one step further into discussing what they feel may work best for you.

If you trust your surgeon and they have a good reputation then most likely everything will turn out well. It's normal to be nervous as you get closer to surgery since you have one nose and want it done once.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Normal

+1

Cosmetic Surgeons perform surgery because their patients do not like a specific issue regarding their features.  So, you and your surgeon must identify what needs to be done surgically for you and then determine the likelihood that you will obtain the results that you are seeking.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is normal

+1

Let's start by saying there is no such thing as a normal nose because there are 100's of thousands of normal noses.  The question really is will a rhinoplasty give me a better appearing nose or enhance my appearance.  If that is the question then the answer is YES!  

You don't have a horrible nose.  It is slightly wide and has a significant bump.  You also say there is a deviated septum and this is going to be fixed as well.  I think a rhinoplasty either open or closed depending upon your surgeons preference will give you a very nice result. 

I do think if it hasn't been discussed with you yet you should bring up a chin augmentation with your surgeon.  One reason you nose appears big is that your chin is receded.  If you were my patient  I would definitely advise a size 2 or 3 chin augmentation to give better balance to the nose as this will greatly enhance the result of a rhinoplasty.  You may even want to ask your surgeon to do computer imaging to show you what it would look like.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

Hi,

Yes you have a good situation to achieve a nice cosmetic result. I would also suggest considering a chin augmentation. It will balance out your face nicely.

Good luck.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, you are a good candidate for a combination procedure. In your case a rhinoplasty and a chin augmentation is required to give you a good facial balance. You can expect a good end result. With the combination of procedures you will like the way you look from every angle. 

David Alessi, MD

Septoplasty

+1

Septoplasty deals with the nasal septum if you have deviated septum. Septoplasty does not change the appearance of the nose. You need aa RHINOPLASTY to change the shape, hump and tip of the nose.