Rhinoplasty for wide, bulbous, short nose?

Hi, I'm a 29-year-old male, latino descent. I consider my nose to be very wide across the tip and nostrils, and kind of crooked and would like a nose job. I fear: 1) That a thin nose would look bad. I don't want to have a girlish or an "operated-looking" nose. How much can my nose be narrowed and still suit me? 2) Will narrowing the nostrils leave visible scars, or loss of feeling? Breathing problems? 3) Given the complexion of my skin, will it work for me? I've heard oily skin is harder.

Rhinoplasty for wide, bulbous, and short nose?

+1

I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified and experienced rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with advice. In general, a good rhinoplasty surgeon will be able to create a natural appearing nose that is in harmony with your facial features and does not appear overdone. Any scars that are associated with alar base reduction are minimally visible when the procedure is performed properly by a skilled rhinoplasty surgeon. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Bulbous wide nasal tip

+1

I understand your concerns because I have treated many Latino men and women with the same condition. You first need to be examined and then be presented with the different surgical options to handle your anatomy. The thickness and oiliness of your skin, the position and strength of your cartilages and the overall facial appearance needs to be incorporated into the treatment plan. If your nostrils were to be narrowed then you will have to accept a small but present scar that rarely poses a problem.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for wide bulbous tip

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves tip suturing techniques and conservative cartilage removal of the nasal tip to narrow and refine the tip cartilages. Hump removal is accomplished by shaving down the bone and cartilage across the bridge. Osteotomies are usually required to narrow the sidewalls to make sure there is not a flat-top deformity present after the hump is removed. An alar-plasty would be required to narrow the nostrils. For examples please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery and virtual rhinoplasty app.

+1

I operate on dozens of latinos or latinas every year. From your description you can likely have a smaller natural tip that suits your male face. I do this operation with a closed approach and the scars are not visible. You should not have breathing problems after the surgery. In addition, thick and oily skin is the norm in a lot of my patients, and that will not present an issue.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA