What could rhinoplasty do for my nose? I don't like how bulbous it is. (photo)

I've been wanting a nose job for a long time but lately I've been considering seeing a ear nose and throat specialist because I've had issues breathing the past 5 years. Should I see the specialist first then a rhinoplasty surgeon. And how much would a rhinoplasty to correct the bump cost ( a ball park estimate)

Rhinoplasty for a Bulbous Nose

+1

A bulbous nose can definitely be more defined with the right surgeon. If you have breathing problems, you can also discuss these issues with the surgeon. I would recommend researching board-certified facial plastic surgeons who have performed many rhinoplasties with excellent results. You can look through their before and after images, read through their sites for testimonials, and make a few consultations so you can discuss your issues. The right facial plastic surgeon would be able to fix both the aesthetic and functionality issues of your nose.

You will do well....

+1

You are a good candidate for cosmetic rhinoplasty based on your picture. If you have been experiencing breathing difficulties for many years now, you should seek the advise of a ENT trained facial plastic surgeon or a plastic surgeon that has experience with rhinoplasty. If there is a truly "functional " issue with the internal structures of the nose, your health insurance may cover that surgery. Any surgery to address the bulbous tip/external appearance will not be covered. an experienced rhinoplastic surgeon can indeed handle both internal/external issue. The cosmetic rhinoplasty will range any where from 8,000-20,000$. Seek a consultation in your area to get more information. Best of luck to you!

Best Rhinoplasty to Correct Bulbous Tip; How Much Does Rhinoplasty Cost?

+1

Hi Christine,

Many facial plastic surgeons are double trained in ENT as well. In other words, you can see someone who is expert in both helping the function of your nose (breathing) as well as the aesthetic aspects of cosmetically achieving your desired results refining the bulbousness of your nose. The cost of rhinoplasty varies from $6,000 to $20,000 depending on the surgeon, geographic location, type of anesthesia, etc. Most importantly, take the time to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty to treat bulbous tip

+1

Rhinoplasty can certainly be considered to improve the appearance of your tip. It makes the most sense to work on improving the functional aspects of your nose at the same time.

You should find a surgeon equally experienced at improving both the outer appearance and the overall function of the nose.

You can read more about bulbous tip repair at my web reference link below.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyinseattle.com/rhinoplasty-treatments/bulbous-tip

Tip Rhinoplasty and breathing

+1

From your description and photos you may well benefit from a tip rhinoplasty alone, as opposed to a full rhinoplasty, in which the nasal bones would also need to be addressed. In most cases a tip rhinoplasty is less expensive than a full rhinoplasty. In the bay area costs for this procedure would run approximately $3,800 to $5,500. However, a tip rhinoplasty will not correct your breathing problem. This problem may be due to structural problems in the nasal passages and/or allergies. I would suggest you see an allergy/ENT specialist for this problem and board certified plastic surgeon for the tip rhinoplasty. Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.vincentleporemd.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and breathing

+1

A rhinoplasty can be performed for both functional and aesthetic reasons. Most rhinoplasty surgeons can take care of both.

Excellent Rhinoplasty Candidate

+1

Thank you for the picture and your questions. A skilled rhinoplasty surgeon will be able to address both your functional (breathing) issues and cosmetic (the way it looks). concerns at the same time. Breathing issues may arise from a deviated septum, large turbinates, or functional issues such as a narrow breathing passage. From an aesthetic standpoint, you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. It appears that your tip is bulbous, and this can be corrected by reducing and shaping the tip cartilages. A profile view is needed to assess the bridge of the nose. I recommend that you see a handful of consults before making a decision -- that way you will have a clear idea of what you want to achieve. Best of luck moving forward!

#San Francisco Rhinoplasty #Evan R. Ransom, MD

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous Tip and Breathing Problems

+1

An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will correct both your bulbous tip and breathing problem whether or not that person is an ENT, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon. Make sure that your surgeon, regardless of specialty, focuses on rhinoplasty surgery. It is difficult to estimate cost with the one limited photograph you submitted but will be $5,000-9,000. With additional pictures I can be more specific.

Bulbous Nasal Tip and Functional Nose Problems

+1

I would highly recommend you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has dedicated training and experience in ENT. You can then opt to have the functional problems fixed at the same time the bulbous tip is reshaped. In many cases, insurance would cover the costs for the functional problem (assuming you have a deviated septum or other structural abnormality that needs repair). You will need to pay for the cosmetic portion, which can run anywhere from an additional $3000-5000 (ball park) beyond your insurance expenses.

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com/rhinoplasty-tutorial/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

What could rhinoplasty do for my nose? I don't like how bulbous it is.

+1

I think that a rhinoplasty can achieve your goals. The breathing issues can be addressed at the same time.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php