Rhinoplasty for Mixed People?

If you are mixed how would you know what type of Rhinoplasty to get/surgeon to go to? I am black mixed with asian and I am unsure of who to go to for surgery. Is it based on looks or the nose structure? How would I be able to tell?

Choice of Rhinoplasty Surgeon for Ethnic Nose

+2

Vanessa, you will be best off going with a rhinoplasty surgeon who has documented experience in reshaping the ethnic nose. This would best be demonstrated by a gallery of photos showing examples of ethnic rhinoplasty they have previously performed. Ultimately what is done to your nose will be based on both the current appearance of your nose and the underlying structure. I have provided a link below to our ever-growing online rhinoplasty tutorial that might give you additional information regarding other concerns with various ethnic rhinoplasty patients.

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com/rhinoplasty-tutorial/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+2

The questions you ask fall under the category called "ethnic rhinoplasty".  
When you think about it, however, all rhinoplasty is ethnic.  What is important is is to have thought about what you like and do not like about your nose.  It is very important to consider what ethnic traits you want to preserve.  Make sure you go to a surgeon who will listen to your concerns.  It is not always possible to achieve everything you may want in a rhinoplasty, but you and your surgeon must be on the same page.  I have attached a link to some more information on this particular type of rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.bostonrhinoplastycenter.com/maintaining-ethnicity-rhinoplasty/

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+2

All rhinoplasty procedures should be designed with an emphasis on the facial balance and proportionality of the individual patient.  Ethnic variation should be respected.  Discuss the procedure with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon with broad experience in this arena.  Insist on seeing a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can gauge the surgeon's experience level and success rate.

Patients with ethnic features frequently benefit from non-surgical rhinoplasty

+2

Individuals of Asian and African American descent often have similar noses.  African American and Asian noses tend to have low bridges and undefined tips.  Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a great option for augmenting the nasal bridge and defining the tip.

Here in San Francisco, I see a lot of African American and Asian patients who benefit from non-surgical techniques for the nose.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty can actually smoothly contour the nasal bridge and define the nasal tip by placing the filling material where the patient needs it.

Good luck finding information!

Web reference: http://www.yourfaceinourhands.com/plastic-surgery/dermafillers-nose.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forget the mixed part

+2

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, who has rhioplasty experience. Look at your nose and decide what you don't like, then talk about it with the doctor.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com

Ethnic rhinoplasty.

+2

Ethnic rhinoplasty depends on your goals and making sure u like the noses the surgeon does.  Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Vanessa D,

• A qualified surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty is your best bet
  • Nothing replaces a great physical exam when it comes to knowing what you need because even within races, there are differences
  • Look for someone whose results you love and go to a consultation

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon for patient of mixed ethnicity

+1

It is important to be ethnically sensitive with regard to end results with people of color. The rhinoplasty should look natural, not operated on.  A rhinoplasty surgeon who has dedicated a significant amount of their practice to the complicated field of rhinoplasty is critical, as nose surgery is the most difficult operation in the field of cosmetic surgery and takes years of experience, along with scientific knowledge and artistic abilities to be able to create natural looking noses.

Rhinoplasty mixed ethnicity

+1

When I discuss options of treatment with a  patient regarding their nose, I focus on what bothers the patient.  From there I formulate a plan with the patient with their goals in mind. My goal is to maintain their ethnicity because I think that is critical.  Natural is better.