I Am Considering Rhinoplasty but I'm Looking for a Hump?

I'm an Asian male who is interested in having a more defined and masculine nose with a higher bridge, slightly more narrow, and uniquely enough, a small hump added. I've done some research online and have yet to come across this scenario. Any thoughts? Any suggested doctors?

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Simple advice is to see a rhinoplasty specialist who has experience in Asian noses. Also do not put anything in your nose that is not natural and a part of your own body. Use either your own cartilage or your own bone....nothing else. As for the result...try to work this out through a video imaging process to get a good understanding of your expected appearence with the changes you desire.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Increasing the dorsal height with or without a hump is a straightforward procedure and a common request.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Addressing nasal dorsum contour during rhinoplasty

+1

Augmentation rhinoplasty allows the experienced surgeon considerable latitude in constructing the final shape of the nose.  I try to use cartilage grafts whenever possible in rhinoplasty and shaping of such grafts may certainly allow the addition of a dorsal hump if that is what a particular patient desires.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hump Following Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

To improve nasal appearance with rhinoplasty on an Asian patient over the past 35 years I  improve the height, projection, and definition with cartilage grafts to avoid the problems of movement, extrusion, and infection following silicone implants. It is not common for a man to request a hump but this can easily be done by adding a little more cartilage.

Asian rhinoplasty for bridge augmentation and hump

+1

We use Silastic nasal dorsal implants for asian noses, when the bridge need to be augmented.  The implant could be custom carved to create a small convexity or a hump in the bridge line.

+1

These are not unusual requests. Considering that you desire to add a hump to your nose it will be very important to ensure that you and your plastic surgeon are clearly communicating about your desires and the ideal end result. Video imaging is a requirement in a case like yours to ensure that you and your plastic surgeon are on the same page. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

This is a common request from Asian patients looking to enhance their noses.  A small hump is not as uncommon as you may think.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in Asian rhinoplasty who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Asian rhinoplasty to make the nasal bridge higher etc.

+1

Asian rhinoplasty to make the nasal bridge higher etc. is done by placing cartilage and soft tissue on your bridge etc. You can see expels of this on my website. I do not use silicone implants since they can get infected and I have not had this in 35 years of using tissue.  

Rhinoplasty interest

+1

This is actually a reasonable request, though without seeing a photo of your nose I can't be too specific.  I typically use an implant on the nasal dorsum to increase the height and make it appear more narrow.  The best implants are made of natural tissue (your own cartilage or fascia).  Other options include a silicone implant and also Radiesse injections, which is a non-surgical treatment for reshaping.

Carey Nease, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon