Rhinoplasty for JUST a Droopy Tip?

Hi. I'm an 18 year old male and I wanted to know if there is a simpler/easier rhinoplasty ONLY for my droopy tip? I do have a bit of a hump on my nasal bridge, but it doesn't bother me. My nose tip is slightly droopy normally, and when I smile it becomes worse. So is there a rhinoplasty procedure just to correct this? And is the recovery time quicker? Thank you

Rhinoplasty to correct droopy nasal tip

+1

Whether or not the tip rhinoplasty can be performed as a stand alone procedure versus the entire rhinoplasty depends on multiple factors, such as height of the hump on the bridge, how wide the bridge is, and how droopy the tip is. The tip can be narrowed and rotated with tip suturing techniques and cartilage removal.  Releasing the depressor septi ligament will prevent the tip from drooping down upon animation.  There is a good chance that your nose characteristics will not be in balance if there is also a preexisting hump that is not also addressed.  Plan on consideration for performing a full rhinoplasty versus just the tip only.

Rhinoplasty to address a drooping tip.

+1

In short, it is indeed possible to exclusively address a drooping tip with rhinoplasty.  However, please note that the overall appearance of the nose needs to be considered when planning changes.  The final 'look' of the tip will be affected by the adjacent parts of the nose.  In particular, the relationship of the bridge and supratip to the tip will influence whether the tip appears to droop. 

Reviewing the possible changes using rhinoplasty computer simulation software would be highly beneficial prior to making a final decision.  Good Luck.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC. 

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy Tip Treatment

+1

Rhinoplasty can certainly be planned to treat a droopy tip. Lifting the tip to a more cosmetically correct position often makes the bump look smaller or nonexistent. If the problem is only the tip then that should be the focus.

If your septum and the bridge don't need work, recovery should be fairly quick, but remember you will have some swelling in the tip for several months as all the parts settle in and heal. You must work out a plan with your surgeon to address the parts you think are important.

Ira D. Papel, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for JUST a Droopy Tip?

+1

Yes. A rhinoplasty can be performed to raise a drooping nasal tip. You should have limited downtime of 5-7 days. You can expect minimal to moderate swelling mainly in the tip of your nose. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Isolated droopy tip repair

+1

Yes, it is possible to only address your droopy tip with rhinoplasty if that is all that bothers you. Your post-operative swelling would likely be more isolated to the tip if that is the only area worked on.

More specific guidance could be given after seeing your nose. You can check out my web reference below to learn more about droopy tip treatment.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty for Just a Droopy Tip

+1

You can have a very limited rhinoplasty to just change your tip. Post operative recovery will be quicker but it will still take about 1 year to see the final result

Correcting the ptotic tip in rhinoplasty

+1

Addressing just the ptotic tip aspect of your nose is not a simple procedure, but it should be a fairly straightforward one for a rhinoplasty specialist.  Recovery is typically much quicker if only the tip is manipulated, but swelling in the tip can take up to a full year to completely resolve.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty to address a Droopy Tip

+1
There are definitely rhinoplasty procedures to address the nasal tip alone. There are techniques that can help to improve tip "droop" and also decrease the amount of movement when smiling. Make an appointment with a local plastic surgeon with lots of rhinoplasty experience and express you concerns about your nose. A comprehensive evaluation and examination will allow the surgeon to determine the best procedures to optimize the appearance of your nose. Hope this helps!
Thanks for your question. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD