Ask a doctor

Do I Need Rhinoplasty for a Fleshy Nasal Tip?

my nose seems to have a roundish tip that looks fleshy. do i need getting nose surgery.t he pic(it is too close) was taken while i was standing in front of flourscent light source. but my nose appears bigger when using aflouresent light above my head. is it normal..thx

Doctor Answers (4)

Refining the nasal tip



Whether or not you would like to have surgery to enhance the appearance of your nasal tip is strictly up to you. When performed properly by a highly skilled surgeon, surgery to enhance the nasal tip may yield excellent results. Please let me know if you have any specific questions regarding the procedure. Thank you, and best of luck to you.

Dr. Nassif

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Rhinoplasty for Wide Nasal Tip


Your wide, asymmetrical nasal tip can be can be narrowed and the contour improved with a rhinoplasty.  A complete evaluation should be done to determine if other characteristics of your nasal anatomy, such as the asymmetrical bones, should also be changed during surgery. 

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Rhinoplasty to Refine & Narrow a Fleshy Tip


No one ever needs cosmetic surgery. However, rhinoplasty surgery may refine and narrow a fleshy tip. Cartilage would be rehsaped and soft tissue under the skin may need modification for improved results. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a rhinoplasty specialist can he/she determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Web reference:

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Rhinoplasty can make a nose narrower and better looking.


The tip can be made smaller as well as the nasal bones if needed with a rhinoplasty. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.

You might also like...

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.