Can Rhinoplasty Make my Nose Flatter?

Hello, the front of my nose is quite sharp. I was wondering if a nose job could make it flatter. The picture might help show what I mean. Thank you.

African American Rhinoplasty

Yes it is possible to make the dorsum or bridge flatter. It may require a small flat implant or just some rasping of the bridge. It would be best to see an actually picture of your nose.

44 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10021

Making a nose flat

IF you r nose has a prominent humnp. removal will produce a flatter nose. In most instances the nose is made smaller by bringing the two outer bones together. If your preference is to keep the nose wide and flat, use of an onlay graft (spetum, ear, cartilagewill make the front of the nose flatter. IF it is already small, placement of a flat garft will create the illusion of a flat front.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Rhinoplasty can flatten bridge of nose

Flattening the top of the bridge of the nose can be performed by rasping the bridge to make it more flat. An osteotomy or breaking of the nasal bones would not usually have to occur. If there is a large bump that is present, osteotomies will have to be performed; otherwise, an open roof deformity will result.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Creating a flat nose

A smooth nose without sharp edges is much more flattering (no pun intended). Pictures would be helpful, but bossing can be corrected by repositioning or filing the nasal bones.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Rhinoplasty and dorsal hump

Hi, it's hard to tell if you are referring to a dorsal hump. If so, yes, this can be taken down. We try not to make the nose too flat and wide, as this can be unattractive. I would recommend seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area so that your concerns can be addressed directly. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

1021 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10028

Not overcomplicating Rhinoplasty

Your request to have a pointy or sharp nose made less sharp is not that unusual. When you look at good rhinoplasty results, you will notice the absence of prominent lines -- whether they are along the dome of the tip or the dorsum (the vertical central line of the nose) or the bridge. It is unlikely that any onlay grafts or special steps need to be taken to achieve the results you desire. Just do your homework and find a surgeon who seems to accomplish the natural appearance you seek.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

6280 Sunset Drive
Miami, FL 33143

Rhinoplasty and Dorsum

You really need to see a plastic surgeon and be examined.  I am having a difficult time trying to figure out exaclty what you want achieved.

Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

10861 Cherry Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720

Flattening and widening the nose

Flattening of the nasal dorsum is generally considered an undesirable effect following rhinoplasty. Some patients have an extremely narrow nose in the middle vault (midportion) and I suspect this is the problem you wish to correct. When reshaping the nasal dorsum the resulting width can be controlled by the surgeon. Typically, a rounded contour is obtained by rasping but an appearance of sharpness to the nose can be reduced.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

2365 Old Milton Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30009

Flatten The Nasal Dorsum

what you are pointing to is relatively easy. Actually in most rhinoplasties when we use a chisel (osteotome) to remove the nasal hump the result is a flat dorsum like an airplane runway. It can then be rasped to make the edges smoother.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

2345 Lamington Road
Bedminster, NJ 07921

Flattening the nose

Can a rhinoplasty make a nose flatter? I assume you mean take down a dorsal hump? Or possibly flatten a very prominent dorsum? If so, this can be done.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028