Can Rhinoplasty Make my Nose Flatter?

Hello, the front of my nose is quite sharp. I was wondering if a nose job could make it flatter. The picture might help show what I mean. Thank you.

African American Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

Yes it is possible to make the dorsum or bridge flatter. It may require a small flat implant or just some rasping of the bridge. It would be best to see an actually picture of your nose.

Dr.S

Making a nose flat

+2

IF you r nose has a prominent humnp. removal will produce a flatter nose. In most instances the nose is made smaller by bringing the two outer bones together. If your preference is to keep the nose wide and flat, use of an onlay graft (spetum, ear, cartilagewill make the front of the nose flatter. IF it is already small, placement of a flat garft will create the illusion of a flat front.

Rhinoplasty can flatten bridge of nose

+1

Flattening the top of the bridge of the nose can be performed by rasping the bridge to make it more flat. An osteotomy or breaking of the nasal bones would not usually have to occur. If there is a large bump that is present, osteotomies will have to be performed; otherwise, an open roof deformity will result.

Creating a flat nose

+1

A smooth nose without sharp edges is much more flattering (no pun intended). Pictures would be helpful, but bossing can be corrected by repositioning or filing the nasal bones.

Rhinoplasty and dorsal hump

+1

Hi, it's hard to tell if you are referring to a dorsal hump. If so, yes, this can be taken down. We try not to make the nose too flat and wide, as this can be unattractive. I would recommend seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area so that your concerns can be addressed directly. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Not overcomplicating Rhinoplasty

+1

Your request to have a pointy or sharp nose made less sharp is not that unusual. When you look at good rhinoplasty results, you will notice the absence of prominent lines -- whether they are along the dome of the tip or the dorsum (the vertical central line of the nose) or the bridge. It is unlikely that any onlay grafts or special steps need to be taken to achieve the results you desire. Just do your homework and find a surgeon who seems to accomplish the natural appearance you seek.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Dorsum

+1

You really need to see a plastic surgeon and be examined.  I am having a difficult time trying to figure out exaclty what you want achieved.

Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Flattening and widening the nose

+1

Flattening of the nasal dorsum is generally considered an undesirable effect following rhinoplasty. Some patients have an extremely narrow nose in the middle vault (midportion) and I suspect this is the problem you wish to correct. When reshaping the nasal dorsum the resulting width can be controlled by the surgeon. Typically, a rounded contour is obtained by rasping but an appearance of sharpness to the nose can be reduced.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Flatten The Nasal Dorsum

+1

what you are pointing to is relatively easy. Actually in most rhinoplasties when we use a chisel (osteotome) to remove the nasal hump the result is a flat dorsum like an airplane runway. It can then be rasped to make the edges smoother.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Flattening the nose

+1

Can a rhinoplasty make a nose flatter? I assume you mean take down a dorsal hump? Or possibly flatten a very prominent dorsum? If so, this can be done.