Would Rhinoplasty Fix my Nose?

From what i've noticed, most rhinoplasty surgeries involve the bridge of the nose but I was wondering if surgery could fix the tip of my nose? It's bulbous & pointy at the same time. I honestly don't know the problem with it. It's just not flattering to my face. I think I have a pretty good bridge, slightly resembling a ski ramp (sorry, I don't know the proper name for it). The tip is just ugly to me. But in Some angles it looks nice. Also I feel like my nostrils are visible from the front?

What to do with This Nose?

+2

You have a very cute face, but you're right that the nose size just doesn't quite fit your otherwise petite and feminine features.  The tip of the nose and the base of the nose (where the nostrils attach) are proportionately too wide for your face and the columella (the part that hangs down between the nostrils) seems to hand a little too low.  There are a number of very effective techniques for narrowing and shaping the tip.  Cartilage can be removed and strategically added, as well as strategic placement of sutures.  Any or any combination of these techniques can be used to give you a smaller, more balanced and proportionate tip.  It's vitally important that you see a surgeon who obviously does consistently good work and does a lot of it.  The only way to be certain that your surgeon is an accomplished rhinoplasty surgeon is to go to search them out on the Internet and go to their Web Site where they should have hundreds of photos showing consistently excellent and natural results.  Also, doing computer imaging is essential to ensuring that your surgeon understands what your goals are and for you to understand what your surgeon's  goals are and that you are both on the same page in that regard.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for just the tip

+1

You do have some very nice features about your nose, the bridge being narrow and fairly straight. A tip rhinoplasty is done frequently and would address the changes you are looking for. Make sure you seek out a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can show you a large number of patients in which the surgeon has achieved a great result. Rhinoplasty is an art and can be difficult to revise if not done well the first time. Best Wishes.

James A. Hoffman, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip, ski slope and columellar show

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure is performed to make the nose more balanced with your facial features. The bulbous tip is addressed with a combination of conservative cartilage removal and tip suturing techniques of the lower lateral cartilages. A ski slope would be addressed with either de-projection or a dorsal augmentation from your own cartilage. The columellar show is reduced by trimming back both cartilage and skin inside the columella. For example see the link below

Rhinoplasty ?

+1

Even though Rhinoplasty often involves "work" on the bridhge of the nose, "tip rhinoplasty" alone is done very frequently. Through different approaches the "lower nasal cartilages" are modified to give you a more refined tip fitting your facial appearance.

An experienced Plastic Surgeon should be able to achieve this for you.

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Would Rhinoplasty Fix my Nose?

+1

I think that tip refinement and columellar work would produce a nice, natural result in the right hands.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Many Tip Possibilities Exist in Rhinoplasty

+1

Contrary to your perception, most rhinoplasties involve tip changes with or without bridge modifications. There are many tip change possibilities including those that will help you achieve your goals. It would be important for you to have some computer imaging done so you can see whether want can be done matches your desired result.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Bulbous tip

+1

Most aspects of the nose can be modified during rhinoplasty, and correction of a bulbous tip is very common. 

William D. Losquadro, MD
Westchester Facial Plastic Surgeon