Can Rhinoplasty Fix Hole From Nose Piercing?

I haven't worn my nose ring in over 2 years but of course still have the hole there. There is also a small bump next to the hole... not sure what it is but it was there before the piercing. I'm looking to have rhinoplasty to fix wide bridge and over projected tip and was wondering if these could be fixed as well?

+1

This should not present an issue. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nose Piercing Hole Removal

+1

The answer is yes, the hole left by a nose ring piercing can be surgically excised and closed, just the same way a small skin mole would be removed. However, depending on the exact location of the ring, the removal might cause some minor distortion of the nostril. A thorough discussion with your surgeon ahead of time will make it clear if removal is a good idea for you. When a piercing hole is removed, a small, permanent scar is left behind. Dr. B

Ramin Behmand, MD

+1

As my colleagues have said, you are a candidate for rhinoplasty and the changes you're interested in seem reasonable based on the single photo you've posted. With that said, the scar tissue and remaining piercing can be fixed in the office by itself or during rhinoplasty in the operating room. Seek a consultation with a highly experienced rhinoplasty expert to learn how best to proceed. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hole from Nose piercing and Rhinoplasty

+1

I agree, you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. You have potentially a very elegant nose. Yes, the hole and the bump can be addressed at the same time and most likely improved.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Nose piercing can be closed during rhinoplasty

+1

It should be possible to fix your old piercing during a rhinoplasty. Though the hole is closed, it might be possible to still see the slight scar.

Piercing and Rhinoplasty

+1

It is certainly possible to fix a hole in ones nose from a piercing.A more important question is precisely where the piercing is and will the resultant scar from the repair be worse than the hole from the piercing.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Nose ring hole and rhinoplasty

+1

During your rhinoplasty surgery your nose ring scar can be revised. Discuss this with your surgeon during your consultation.

Good luck

David Shifrin, MD

Nose ring hole. Rhinoplasty.

+1

Thank you for this question. Nose ring holes and other "bumps" are possible to treat during the course of a rhinoplasty. Each case needs an in-person evaluation by a board-certified surgeon who has extensive experience. Good luck..

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and nose rings

+1

A rhinoplasty is unlikely to fix a nose ring hole or even a bump associated with the scar. Although perhaps a scar revision could be done at the same time. This would be on a case by case basis. But a nose ring hole or nose ring itself does not have to stand in the way of a rhinoplasty. I have done rhinoplasties in this scenario multiple times.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

+1

No! that needs a separate operation of removal of the tunnel and closure. Best to discuss with your doctor in person.