Can Rhinoplasty Fix a Bump/odd Curve on my Nasal Bone? (photo)

Hello, my nose has a very odd curve or bump on it that makes it look odd from a 45 degree angle. Is there anyway you can make the nose look more," uniform from top to bottom" in a sense?

Rhinoplasty Will Correct the Odd Bump/Curve of the Nose, and More

+1

Hi Baj,

Your nose can be made to look more "uniform from top to bottom" by an appropriately performed rhinoplasty.  The superior boney/cartilaginous edges should be taken down, the narrow middle third of your nose should be widened a few millimeters with spreader grafts, and the lower third nasal tip should be refined with removal of some cartilage, defatting your tip, and using sutures to re-shape the cartilages.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nasal bones are a bit wide.During a Rhinoplasty the area of concern to you could and should be rasped to remove the prominence.

Jay M. Pensler, MD