WIll Rhinoplasty Be Able to Fix This? (photo)

My nose is really large...Of all the noses that are posted in here, I haven't seen anything that big. So the thing is I want to get a rhinoplasty, but when I look at it I am still somehow concerned: Would the surgeons be able to make my nose smaller and change it's shape? I've seen some before & after photos on some sites, but their nose problems don't even compare to mine - it's often some minor fix or details change in the shape. Is there a cure for me somehow and somewhere? Thank you.

The Fixable Fix

+1

I most certainly can reduce the size to your nose, improve its shape and blend it into a strengthened chin and jaw line!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Modifications Through A Multifaceted Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Flynn,

Based on your photos and without an in-person evaluation, it is hard to provide you with detailed surgical options.

Nonetheless, the size of your nose, its bump and the over-projection of the tip can all be addressed appropriately to provide you with a naturally looking nose that best fits your facial features.

For optimal results, a chin implant will complement a rhinoplasty in your case.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

+1

Having had a Rhinoplasty and being a Rhinoplasty surgeon I can tell you that each of these cases is so specific to the patient. Any experienced nose surgeon can make relevant changes to any nose. You must be on the same page with whom you choose. If you're goals and you're surgeons goals are not on the same page you will be very unhappy. This is the most important decision of your life. I know this because I have been there. Just keep it simple. Go talk to a board certified nasal surgeon. If you do not feel comfortable that he/she can deliver then move on. When you ifd the right person you will know.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Best Rhinoplasty for Large Nose

+1

Hi Flynn,

Yes, rhinoplasty would address your concerns about a large nose.  Your nose should be reduced to fit your face, and not be the focus of attention.  The most important aspect of your rhinoplasty is taking the time and effort to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. Persky

Michael A. Persky, MD

+1

Yes a rhinoplasty will improve your appearances. Best to see a few boarded surgeons in your city in person. 

Noses can be made smaller and changed in shape with a rhinoplasty but there are limits.

+1

From the photos, I think you would benefit from a rhinoplasty.  You need to work carefull with your surgeon to understand what he can accomplish.  Video imaging will be very useful in assessing your situation relative to the expectation.s

You should be able to get a great result.

+1

You do need a reduction of the dorsum and an osteotomy with in-fracture to narrow the nose after removing the extra bone. You will also need alar resection to reduce flaring of you nostrils after the reduction in projection.

A chin implant would give you a very nice additional enhancement.

Good luck

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

I have seen larger noses than yours improved with a rhinoplasty surgery. A take down of the bridge should give you most of what you are looking for. You can simulate that by placing a straight edged piece of paper on the top side view photo. Align the edge of the paper with the small groove at the top of the bridge and a natural slope of the nose. You will then see that the nose looks a lot smaller. You could place a chin implant at the same time if you wish a more balanced facial appearance. Since the tip to upper lip angle is reasonable further tip surgery would also be optional.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty for large nose

+1

You should be able to get  a great result. I don't think that there is anything particularly unusual with your situation. I would suggest that you also consider a chin implant. Your nose may "look" a bit larger to you because of the proportion and relationship to the rest of your face. If your chin had more projection your nose would not appear as large.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Rhinoplasty for Big Nose

+1

An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can reduce the size and change the shape of your nose. I'm amazed that you have not seen any examples. Go to the websites of surgeons participating in this forum to see noses like yours.