Rhinoplasty Filler or Surgery? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty in 2007 for a deviated septum, as part of the procedure the surgeon also refined my tip. I am unhappy with my nose as i believe it looks over operated and unnatural. I have looked to have a revision but have been told there is more risk in ruining my nose than improving it with surgery. I was advised to have a filler. I have looked into fillers and am very sceptical of them. Do you think revision surgery is an option, or should i just learn to accept my over done nose job. :(

Improvement possible with revision rhinoplasty

+1

While it's impossible to fully assess your nose from the single view provided, I think attempting to use fillers to correct your areas of concern would produce an unsatisfactory result.  Assuming you are a healthy adult with no outstanding medical issues that would contraindicate a revision surgery, a revision rhinoplasty specialist should be able improve the appearance of your nose markedly.  

Revision rhinoplasty using fillers...

+1

Fillers can be useful adjuncts for small problems with post rhinoplasty appearance.  You are smart to be skeptical.  Fillers can help but if done incorrectly can make the defect more noticeable.  Revision surgery is always an option as long as the surgeon has the appropriate experience and training. 

Plus, a frank discussion concerning the risk of a worse outcome must also be explored.  Generally, revisions following just one rhinoplasty can be expected to have success with proper planning.  You would also need to be prepared for the use of grafts harvested from other sites such as the rib or ear cartilages.  Some surgeons will also use artificial materials to make up for the shortage of available graft sources.  If you are very unhappy with your current result, see a few surgeons to assess your chances for improvement.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty May Be The Right Way To Go

+1

Thank you for posting your photo but based on your description it is not possible to assess your nose fairly; I recommend that you seek a consultation with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience who could help you make a well-informed decision.

Nonetheless, fillers are of a permanent solution whereas a corrective rhinoplasty targeting your tip mainly will provide you with permanent results you can enjoy.

That being said, I do not think that a surgical approach is to be excluded in your case. Please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty Filler or Surgery?

+1

I wish you had posted a side view also. But I too wonder if a true rhinoplasty surgeon told you to use fillers as an attempt to correct the appearance of your nose??? Seek boarded rhino docs in your city for evaluation of a revision rhinoplasty. Good luck. 

Filler or Nasal Surgery to Revise Tip

+1

I also am very skeptical about using fillers in the tip and never recommend it. I would encourage you to have a revision by a surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty. I would not accept your tip if I were you.