Will Rhinoplasty Make my Face Appear More Feminine?

I've thought about having rhinoplasty for the past 10 years. I have the ability to do it now, and before my real consultation I was hoping for some professional advice. I don't want to look like a different person, I would just like my nose to appear more feminine. I hate having my photo taken! Although, I'm quite secure in my appearance. But it I can improve it, I will.

Rhinoplasty will help you look more feminine

+3

Hi,

You have a lovely face .But if your nose bothers you, I would suggest two changes that would soften your profile without 'changing your face'.  I can see that you have a 'dorsal hump' which I would file down. Your nose projects a bit too far out, which can be easily corrected by bringing it in. These changes, although suttle, will help soften your overall look creating a more feminine appearance. Best wishes Dr H 

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Will a Rhinoplasty make my nose appear more feminine?

+2

Yes, it's possible for a Rhinoplasty to soften your nose making it appear more feminine.  IMHO, taking the bump off the bridge, reducing the tip projection and rotating the nasal tip slightly would give the nose a more feminine look.

The Value Of Computer Imaging In The Subtle Rhinoplasty

+2

When a patient wants their nose to appear more feminine, they generally are referring to a slightly smaller more refined looking nose. A nose that is more harmonious with their other feminine facial features. That raises the question as to whether a rhinoplasty can achieve that goal and whether it is worth the effort. This is where the value of computer imaging lies, particularly in a patient like yourself who already has a lot of favorable facial features. While I suspect a rhinoplasty would help de-project the nose a bit and make it blend into your face better, you need to see by computer imaging whether that premise is true.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty

+2

Minor modifications in a nose, can be performed without major changes in the appearance overall. Just a softening, shortening, or making it look slightly smaller can achieve your personal goals. Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area( after some research), is what is recommended. Looking at the pre and post operative results of a surgeon will help you decide if that is the doctor for you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty question

+2

Great question!

The answer is definitely yes. A smaller, finer nose absolutely will soften your face and increase your prettiness ( not that you're not pretty... from your pictures you are).

Imaging, as has been suggested, will show you that but it will definitely work and I hope you feel able to do it if you're well and appropriately counselled.

Good luck!

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Computer imaging for planning rhinoplasty

+2

Will you look more feminine, or will rhinoplasty enhance your features? These kinds of questions are most easily answered with computer simulation of rhinoplasty results. The computer is able to manipulate your own photograph and allow you to 'try out' changes and understand clearly the goals of your procedure before. If you like what you see you have the best chance of being pleased with your final result.

peterejohnsonmd

Well performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may result in improvement in the appearance of your nose.

+2

I read your concern and reviewed your photos:

You have attractive facial features, and you don't have a "terrible" nose. Your tip is a bit over-projected, and you have a small bump. If you would like a "cute" nose, you may wish to consider a nose job. You should consult several experienced, rhinoplasty specialists to see what may be achieved after well-performed rhinoplasty surgery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Feminine

+2

You are quite attractive as is. If you do something be sure your surgeon understands that your tip is overprojected and thaif you correct this you will need t recontour the dorsum Be careful annd don't get into trouble.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

More feminine nose

+2

I have had multiple patients request prior to surgery that their nose look more feminine after surgery. I am never sure exactly what that means.As surgeons we alter anatomic structures to reduce or augment areas of the nose. I would recommend you use a computer to help visualize what will be done.

Jay M. Pensler, MD