Rhinoplasty, Eyelid Surgery, and Fat Grafting at Once?

I'm thinking of having Rhinoplasty to make my nose tip smaller. I'm also considering having my upper and lower eyelid surgery, the upper ones because my left eyelid is droopy and the bottom because I look tired. I heard about multi level fat grafting. Is it safe to do all these surgeries at once?

It is certainly safe and common to have rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery performed at the same time

+1

It is certainly safe and common to have rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery performed at the same time. In this way, the costs are often reduced, and there is only one recovery period. As a result, many patients choose to perform these surgeries at the same time.

Fat grafting may also be performed at the same time. However, intra-operative changes, edema, and swelling, and post-operative changes during healing may affect this portion of the treatment. My preference would be to perform fat grafting at a later time. Another advantage of this approach is that either less fat grafting may be required or perhaps fat grafting will not be required at all once the changes accomplished with the surgery have been achieved.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

These surgeries can be done at the same time

+1

It is very safe and acceptable to perform all of these surgeries at the same time. Just remember that because of the three surgeries that you will be quite swollen above and below the eyes into the cheek areas for several weeks after all three procedures. Fat can also be used from the eyelids for grafting purposes.

Multiple procedures safe, but there will be more recovery for you

+1

Rhinoplasty would be something that I would do first on the same day and follow up that with fat grafting. They can be done concurrently as long as you are ready for the extra recovery with all of those procedures. They are in different areas and will have a less of an effect on each other. Brow Lifting is another option to rejuvenate your eyes. But all you may need is fat grafting to subtly lift your eyes in a natural way and to rejuvenate both your upper and lower eyelids for the most natural and youthful effects. You should see my before and afters to see what I mean.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes.

+1

Multiple procedures are done at the same time. You might be wise to have an evaluation of your brows BEFORE getting your eyelids done to kill 2 birds with one stone. 

Combining procedures

+1

Combining procedures is not uncommon and usually very safe as long as the surgical times does not increase significantly.  All three that you recommended can be commonly done together.

No problem: Rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, and fat grafting

+1

You should have no problem having all those procedures at the same time. Synchronous surgery will decrease your total down time and may decrease the total cost. These procedures don't interfere with each other, and all should go well.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

You can combine several facial plastic procedures.

+1

Addressing several cosmetic concerns is common, For instance, in someone seeking consultation for rhinoplasty, they might benefit most from rhinoplasty along with a chin-implant, and neck liposuction for the most attractive look.

I personally do not perform lower lid surgery and fat grafting.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple surgeries should be OK

+1

I agree with the other experts on this issue. In general, one should avoid having more than about 6-8 hours or more of cosmetic surgery procedures. You might have more swelling and bruising of the face because of the multiple procedures in this area, but the benefit will be having only one recovery period.

The procedures done together should take less than 6 hours. As such, it should be okay. Make sure your doctor does a thorough medical evaluation in order to evaluate potential important health concerns, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or bleeding problems.

John Diaz, MD

Rhinoplasty, fat grafting and blepharoplasty at once

+1

There is not a problem combining the procedures you are looking at doing into one session. In fact there is the benefit of only having one recovery period. There is not really a down side except that you will have a little more swelling because of the length of the procedure, but that will subside within 2-3 weeks.

Edward Buckingham, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple surgeries

+1

In general, the combination of surgeries you mentioned are probably safe to do but you should definitely listen to your surgeon with regard to your specific procedures. A tip rhinoplasty and upper and lower belpharoplasties are anatomically separate and shold impact each other appreciably. You do not mention what multilevel fat grafting you are referring to soit is hard to comment.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD