Rhinoplasty Caused Eye Protrusion, Do I Need a Revision?

Please dont say this is nothing to do with my Rhinoplasty as I have had many eye exams & tests for diseases and all are clear. I had an osteotomie done & i think its irritating my eyes orbital bone and also the eyes muscle seems more visible than the other normal eye. I feel my rhino 9 months ago has caused this problem as has the mass of jelly type cyst that was placed under the osteotomie. Would i need another op to fix this as my nose is sore & i have been on many antibiotics 4 infection.

Rhinoplasty issue

+1

WIthout an exam, it is very hard to say what is going on. Eye shape change is doubtful after rhinoplasty.  As for this jelly like mass?  Hard to say without further study.

Infection after rhinoplasty

+1

Not knowing the details of your surgery or your current condition it is impossible to say what the problem is exactly or what can be done to fix it. I suspect the osteotomy crossed into/damaged the nasolacrimal sac and/or duct. You may need to see an ophthalmologist to be evaluated for this. It would be best to coordinate that with your operating surgeon.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty and Eye Protrusion

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without examining you and without seeing your before and after pictures from all angles

Sam Naficy, MD