Dorsal Hump Looks the Same After Rhinoplasty

I had a Rhinoplasty to remove a dorsal hump, something I had wanted to do for many years. I'm two weeks post-op and still have the hump, except now it's higher up on the bridge of my nose. I'm embarassed to face the people that know I had Rhinoplasty because I basically look the same. Will the hump go away eventually? And if it is swelling, what can I do to help the healing process go by faster?

Dorsal Hump still Present two weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Two weeks after surgery is too soon to make any judgements regarding your surgical result.

It is probably just swelling which decreases at intervals of 6 weeks, 3months, 6months and 1 year. Continue to elevate your head while sleeping, drink plenty of water, and be patient. I am sure you will have a great result!

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on the nose

+1

If it is only two weeks after your surgery, it is still to early to judge. There is still too much swelling.

When someone gets a bump reduced on their nose, there is a lot of work done on the bridge of the nose. This creates a lot of swelling and inflammation in the area. That's why it can look that the bump is still there.

It might take a month or more before the swelling goes down enough to know if the profile will be straight.

John Diaz, MD

Timeline for Rhinoplasty swelling

+1

Two weeks after surgery is really way too soon to make any judgements at all about your surgery.

Here is what i tell my patients:

a) it takes 3 months for 75% of the swelling to go away

b) it takes 12 months for the remaining 25% to go away

Given the above information it should be clear that two weeks post-op is no indication at all for how you will look.

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

This is probably only swelling.

+1

It takes months, not days for the swelling to go down. I seem to answer this question repeatedly. The surgeons must not be doing their job well. I tell every patient at least 3 times before surgery that the swelling will take 6-12 months to go down-especially the tip.

Therefore, relax: it will go away. Enjoy your new nose.