Rhinoplasty - Dorsal Hump Removal - Will It Make my Nose Much Shorter?

Hi I'm thinking of getting my dorsal hump removed. It's probably a small to medium size hump. Someone told me this will make my nose length shorter. Problem is, in my opinion, my nose is already short enough...not really short but shorter than average. Do you think the dorsal hump removal by itself reduce the length of my nose by much? Thanks for your time!

Nasal Shortening

+1

As others have said removing a dorsal hump does not shorten your nose. The length of your nose is dependent on the tip length as well as your nasal frontal take off (where the dorsum starts at your bridge). If you had photos this would be helpful as well. As stated by someone else, to truly make a very long nose shorter can be challenging.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

+1

Removal of the dorsal hump will not shorten the nose.   The hump can be removed through a closed rhinoplasty approach.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Dorsal hump removal will not make the nose shorter after rhinoplasty.

+1

Reduction of the dorsal hump does not affect the length the nose. Significantly shortening the length the nose is actually very hard thing to do.

Dorsal hump removal will not make the nose shorter

+1

During the rhinoplasty procedure the hump is removed and most likely osteotomies will be performed. This will not make the nose shorter or longer, but will  de-projecte bridge of the nose.Virtual rhinoplasty  software is available on our website for you to try, so that you can see  that your nose will not be shortened with just a simple hump reduction. Best to use your side profile picture

Will Hump Removal Change Nasal Length?

+1

A hump removal will not itself change the nasal length. However I can make the nose shorter or longer at the same time I remove the hump. Each procedure is individualized to meet the needs of sac patient.

Dorsal hump removal will not make your nose shorter.

+1

Dorsal hump removal will not make your nose shorter. If the tip is made smaller that can make your nose appear shorter. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

+1

Usually during a rhinoplasty we take in count  various aspects of the nose to achieve an aesthetic and harmonious result, resection of the hump by itself does not produce a shortening of the length of the nose but we get a reduction of the nasal dorsum and a narrowing of the pyramid or width of the nose depending on the magnitude or size of the hump .. we need to see your photographs or make a physical assessment to give an accurate answer about your particular case

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

Rhinoplasty to improve nasal hump

+1

It depends on the size of your nasal hump.  An in-person consultation is recommended to see what needs to be done and what results to expect with computer imaging.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Dorsal hump removal will not significatly shorten nose.

+1

Hi.

Hard to be sure without seeing you, but you sound like a pretty straight forward candidate for a closed rhinoplasty.  Removing the hump is the easiest part of a nose job.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)