How much can Rhinoplasty make a difference on my face? (photos)

I am considering rhinoplasty and would like to know how much it would cost and what would need to be done...I have a wide nose, I am a Latina, and I feel like my nose does not compliment my other features. Also would a buckle fat pad removal (cheek fat) help me get a more defined soft face? I've attached pictures WITHOUT makeup and pictures with makeup on in which I have CONTOURED my nose using lighter and darker foundation tones to make my nose look less wide.

"Latina" Nose

+2
Despite your thicker skin your tip and the nasal base can be narrowed to give you a softer, more defined feminine nose. Perhaps that is all you need but I cannot tell without a profile view.

Alarplasty alone

+1
In cases like yours just Alarplasty alone (narrowing the nostrils) can make a tremendous difference. It is very quick to heal 5 days or so and can be done without going to sleep. Cost is about $1500
Regards
Dr. Janjua

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much can Rhinoplasty make a difference on my face?

+1
Recommend full rhinoplasty but NOT buccal fat removal . Best to seek IN PERSON opinions! Fee from $4,500..

Latino Rhinoplasty

+1
While no one procedure can define an ethnic group, your nose represents a fairly typical nose type within a Latino sup-set. 

Primarily a tip-plasty would improve the appearance of your nose. This would involve limited grafting and some suture narrowing of the cartilage. Narrowing of the upper nose with osteotomies and alar base reduction should also be considered. 

A consultation would help to define these goals further. 

Best of luck. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
 A rhinoplasty may provide the refinement that you are looking for. As for buccal fat pad excision, unless you have chipmunk cheeks it may make your face prematurely hollow.  Best to be seen in person.

+1
First of all, you are already a very attractive young woman with a great smile.  That being said, I think you would have a fabulous result with a rhinoplasty.  Although you have only shown frontal view photos, it is apparent that you would benefit from narrowing and refinement of both the bridge, tip, and possibly the alar base.  Challenges might be your skin thickness, although that could be overcome using certain techniques.  I would need to see more views to make more specific recommendations.  You would be best advised to see a rhinoplasty surgeon who concentrates on facial aesthetic surgery alone (no body work) with expertise in thick-skinned ethnic noses.

Also, I would not recommend a buccal fat pad excision.  Rhinoplasty surgery has a range of costs depending on geographic location, the surgeon, and what needs to be done.  In New York, fees can range from $5000-$10,000 plus for surgeons fees alone.

Best of luck. 

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure can address your concerns of narrowing the wide nose. This is accomplished with a tip rhinoplasty which involves suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages. In addition an alar plasty  can narrow the wide nostrils. Osteotomies of the nasal bones can narrow the wide bridgeline.  

Nose surgery

+1
peruviangirl89, unfortunately her photos are not optimal.  It does appear you would be a candidate for a rhinoplasty.  With patient's like you I stage the rhinoplasty and the nasal alar surgery.the rhinoplasty is done first.  Alar rim surgery is done secondarily about 3 months after the rhinoplasty.  In the long run I find that this gives much better results.  Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a Latina

+1
You are a pretty woman and have a great smile.  And your ability with cosmetics is wonderful -- but surgery on your nose can make the use of cosmetic much less necessary.

You have not provided a profile of your nose -- so I cannot comment on whether you have a hump or if you need a reduction of the height of your nose.  From the frontal photos, it is apparent that the upper part of the nose (the bony area) is quite wide and it should be narrowed.  The tip, also, appears a bit too large and bulbous -- it can be refined as well.

The nostrils do flare a bit -- they can be carefully narrowed -- but this would require a consultation.

I would not do any buccal fat excision on you.

I would be pleased to see you in consultation.  Please call 212 570 6080.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
New York City

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD

Rhinoplasty for the Latina.

+1
Rhinoplasty for the Latina. This consists of refining the tip as well as there when the base and the remainder of the nose so that the nose is balanced. Latinas have thicker skin in general and the tip can be refined but slightly thicker than a Caucasian nose. See an experienced  rhinoplasty surgeon who does large numbers of ethnic noses with natural looking results for the best possible outcome.