Rhinoplasty - Wish I Didn't Do It? Face Looks So Different?

I had Septo-rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago. My whole face looks so different. My eyes look strange, like they're too close or too far apart, can't say which. It doesnt look right. It seems its the bridge being extra thick. I was hoping it was the swelling but seeing progress pictures of other people, their noses look swollen at 3 weeks, but have a nice shape. My nose looks swollen and thick, with my nostrils blending into my tip - not at all nice. Do I live with it, or try again with revision surgery?

Rhinoplasty Concerns

+2

You are only 3 weeks post op.  Over the next few weeks and months you will notice changes.  Swelling will start to subside.  Unless you had eyelid surgery, your eyes should look the same.  The rate of change also depends on what was done to your nose.  Extensive nasal reconstruction can take longer for the swelling to settle down.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as he recommends so that he will guide you to complete recovery.  Best wishes!

+1

The nose could still be maturing for up to a year or more.  I would follow with your surgeon for an exam at this stage to address your concerns.  Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, operative time, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed etc.

Face Looks Different After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon for your face to look different following a rhinoplasty.  You are still so early following your procedure  that it is really too early for you to draw any conclusion about your appearance.  You should get out at least to a year postoperatively before you consider any revision.  Continue to follow up with your rhinoplasty surgeon and express your concerns to the surgeon. 

Michael Sundine, MD

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+1

Your nose will be swollen for a long time and will settle down over a year or more time. Be patient.