Septum More Deviated and Nostrils Wider After Rhinoplasty

My daughter had a Rhinoplasty 8 months ago to get a smaller nose. The surgeon made the nose bridge and tip thinner, which made the nostrils look wider than they were before. Also, the deviated septum that wasn't noticeable before is now more deviated. Can another surgery fix this? If so, what would be the outcome most likely?

Deviated septum after rhinoplaty

+1

It sounds like your daughter needs to be evaluated for a possible revision. Just so you know, revision rhinoplasty occurs more often than many people realize. This highlights the importance of selecting an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Good luck with everything.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Operative Evaluation

+1

On the basis of what you decscribe it sounds like your daughter may need revision surgery. Schedule consultation with an experienced surgeon. Even if that doctor agrees, he/she may recommend waiting for resolution of any persistent swelling.  

Consider waiting a full 12 months before considering revision rhinoplasty.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult, humbling operations I perform. Even noses that look straightforward can be challenging due to unexpected scar tissue, or inadequate septal cartilage for grafting purposes. Your surgeon's credentials, technique, experience, and photos are critical.

You should consult a board-certified facial plastic surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty surgery, and you should see many photos demonstrating favorable results before proceeding.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

Hi Rsk,

Your daughter should be either re-evaluated by her rhinoplasty surgeon if you feel that she/he is the best surgeon for her, or she should be evaluated by other rhinoplasty surgeons.

In the proper hands, revision surgery should be able to improve her nose, and you should be able to expect a good outcome.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

You need to see a revision rhinoplasty specialist.

+1

This can be fixed, but you need to see a revision rhinoplasty specialist who is experienced. Make sure to see before/after photos of his revision rhinoplasties.