What to Expect 4 Weeks After Rhinoplasty with Added Procedures?

I have had sinus surgery 3 years ago and did very well until lately. I'm having a lot of sinus infections and breathing problems due to allergies, as well as a deviated septum. I am starting allergy shots and would like to have a Rhinoplasty to correct a large bump and fix the deviated septum, and have my ENT clear any current problems with a joint surgery. Is it safe to do these all at one time? What can I expect as far as healing and appearance 4 weeks after surgery? I have an important social function to attend. Thank you.

Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty/Sinus Surgery

+1

All of these procedures can be done at the same time as long as the infections have been eliminated. In fact it is advantageous to do so - have only one operation. You will look fine 4 weeks later.

Safe to have surgeries combined.

+1

The sinus infections that are occurring are related to allergic nasal polyps present in the sinuses creating repetitive sinus infections. Breathing problems can be made worse by a deviated septum and allergies. Allergy shots will help control the allergy symptoms but will take six months to a year to have any beneficial effect. Performing sinus surgery, deviated septum surgery, and a rhinoplasty all at the same time is an acceptable procedure and can be done quite clearly by somebody who is well-versed in those surgeries. Look for somebody who has performed thousands of these types of surgeries. It is very safe to have them all done at one time. The internal nasal surgery (sinus and deviated septum) will not affect the appearance after the surgery. Within four weeks after the surgery the patient will be able to attend a social function without any complications.

These can be done at the same time.

+1

Nasal and sinus surgery are often done together as long as you don't have an active infection. Talk to you ENT doctor and he should be able to advise you. You should look "normal" in 4 weeks.