Can I Have a Revision Rhinoplasty if I Have Developed Permanent Stiffness?

I had a Rhioplasty over three years ago, at the beginning the stiffness and swelling used to get better and worst and i thought that was normal but a year after the surgery my nose was still stiff and one side was still swell as well. My nose looks imbalanced because of the permanent swelling. I want to have a revision but I'm concerned that the stiffness might not allow me to, please tell me if i can still have a revision or not, and how safe is it?? Will i have permanent swelling?

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

It depends on what is causing the stiffening . If what you are feeling is shifted, asymmetric or warped cartilage then it can definitely be much imporved. If your skin itself has scarred into a fixed and non pliable texture then I would be wary of further surgery.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

Generally a revision rhinoplasty can be done.  The question is the extent of work that needs to be performed.  This is based on two things: 1) what was done before and 2) what you are trying to achieve.  If you have any preoperative photos and the operative report, that will help the surgeon you have your revision surgery with.  I would recommend that you consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can help you achieve your goals.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/procedures2/revisionrhinoplasty