Rhinoplasty, dent on my nose tip (Photo)

Hi there, after 25 years I finally got my nose done. Thrilled, only days later a dent formed at the tip of my newly done nose. It has been 4 months, and it's still there. It is so noticable and friends and family ask what happened. Wondering how long it takes to fix this? My doctor said possibly a year, but can I get injections or something in meantime to make it look better? I look like a freak and it is so devastating after waiting so long and spending so much money. Please let me know your thoughts.

Dent on Nasal Tip 4 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1
Unfortunately I'm going to recommend that you wait another 6 months before making any decisions. If the dent persists it can be filled using soft tissue or a small graft of your own tissue.

Rhinoplasty recovery

+1

Swelling and early development of excessive scar tissue have the potential for improvement with an injection of dilute kenalog. This is certainly worth discussing with your surgeon. Scar tissue is usually pretty firm and swelling can be a bit more "spongy". I've found that if my patients tape the area overnight and it's significantly better in the morning when the tape comes off, it's almost certainly just swelling and that will typically resolve. The time frame for that could be 6 months to over a year, occasionally even longer

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Try to be patient

+1

Your surgeon is correct that you want to wait about a year before revision surgery.  The reason for this is that the scar tissue is not fully healed making surgery a bit more difficult, and also because you want to see the final result before undergoing further surgery (i.e. you don't want to have a revision now, only to have some other deformity pop up a few months from now that could require surgery as well---the latter is unlikely but needs to be considered).  So hang in there.  Your "dent" is fixable but wait a while.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon