Rhinoplasty 4 Days Ago, Why Would One of my Nostrils be So Much Smaller Than the Other?

Hi there, I had closed rhinoplasty four days ago and one of my nostrils has gone all tiny in comparison to the other nostril and what it was a few days ago.. Is this normal as i look totally deformed!! xx

Nostril asymetry after rhinoplasty

+2

First ,  we are to assume that your nostrils were symetrical to begin with?  Second, did you have a nostril reduction surgery(Weir)?  Third, four days after surgery is very difficult to discern anything.  I would say if your board certified surgeon is not concerned I would nt be either.  Stay elevated and shill till the swelling goes down.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Why one nostril is smaller than the other...

+1

Since surgery was only performed 4 days ago, it is too soon to be concerned with the appearance of your results.  One nostril may look smaller than the other, because one is more swollen.  Also, the cast or dressing may be compressing it in a way that makes it look different, and when the cast is taken off, the nostril may return to normal.  Ultimately, swelling can be present for several months, but be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon as soon as possible.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon