Wearing Sunblock After Rhinoplasty

I had a rhinoplasty six days ago, How long after is it safe to wear sunblock on the nose? I was reading that sun exposure can affect the nose, how long after surgery is it safe to wear sun block, or should I just wear a hat for a while?

Wearing Sunblock and Sunscreen after Rhinoplasty, Nose surgery

+2

Please consult your plastic surgeon for more specific recommendations.

Generally speaking, after two weeks it is safe to apply the sun block as long as there are no open incisions.

As with any procedure, it is a great idea not to have scars exposed to sun rays.

Hope this was helpful.

Sunblock 1 Week after Rhinoplasty

+1

As long as there is no tape or dressings on the nose, you can  apply sunblock immediately. Some form of sunblock should used whenever you are outdoors for the next 6-8 weeks. Do not rely on a hat.

Sunblock should be used after surgery

+1

In general, all areas of the skin involved with surgery will be more sensitive to the sun for weeks to months after the incision has healed.  Protecting your new investment is only common sense. Talk with your surgeon regarding the best time to start applying sunblock.  It will usually be soon after the sutures are out.

Lee Robinson, MD - RETIRED
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sunblock application after Rhinoplasty

+1

As long as there are no open wounds where the sunblock can be trapped in there is no reason why you should not be able to GENTLY put sunblock on now. It will only help you heal better .

Good Luck.

Dr. Aldea