I Had Rhinoplasty 6 Days Ago and from the 2nd Day I Noticed the Inside of my Right Nostril Was Swollen. Will This Settle?

I called my doctor as soon as I realised it wasn't settling down and sent a picture. He said not to worry it will settle. It initally had a dissolveable stitch in where the swelling was, but fell out this morning as I was cleaning dry blood. It's not sore to touch, is quite 'tough'. Is this normal and what could cause this?

Post op nasal swelling

+1

Swelling like you describe is entirely normal after rhinoplasty surgery. The healing process has just gotten underway. It's hard to be patient but there's not much you can do to hasten things along.  

Hang in there,

Douglas M Hargrave, M.D.

Albany Plastic Surgeon