Got Rhinoplasty 8 Days Ago, Been Using Saline Spray But Am Very Itchy. Any Other Suggestions?

Got my splint off two days ago and everytime it's been irratating in the inside I've been using saline spray but I am so itchy inside it's driving me insane that I obviously cant do anything about it....any remedies you suggest? Every bone in my body is making sure my fingers do not go inside my nostrils.

Itching after rhinoplasty

+2

Many of the small nerves in your nose are irritated after surgery.  The sensation of itching will pass, but until it does you may want to try oral banadryl.....

Itching Nasal Sensation After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Lindsay,

Feeling the urge to scratch your inner nose due to itching sensation is not uncommon after a surgery.I understand that it is irritating but it will pass. If you can handle the sensation then nature will take its course and the itching sensation will fade.

That being said, Benadryl may be of help to you but I recommend that you consult with your surgeon before you take it.

Thank you for inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS