Had Rhinoplasty Five Days Ago, and Am Very Worried About my Rounded Tip. Will It Go Away As the Swelling Subsides? (photo)

Used to have more of a slim pointy looking tip which I really want to keep, I just wanted my nose not so long. My tip is looking very rounded which worries me because I don't like that look at all. I know I will have swelling for months and that the tip is the last to de-swell. However, I'm not sure if this tip is just swelling or will actually stay pretty much the same.

Rounded tip after rhinoplasty

+1

Take a few deep breaths and relax.  A lot.  It is WAY too early to consider evaluating your results.  Swelling will have to resolve and all scar tissue will have to mature before you see how things will turn out.  You will have to be patient for at least 3 more months......

Had Rhinoplasty Five Days Ago, and Am Very Worried About my Rounded Tip. Will It Go Away As the Swelling Subsides?

+1

WOW! too early to be so concerned. Swelling can last up to a year. Maybe you need in person discussion with your chosen surgeon to alleviate these anxieties. 

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling is entirely normal; you will have some degree of it for up to 1 year.  I recommend that you return to your Surgeon for the appropriate advice and reassurance which I am sure he/she is more than willing to give you.  Five days postop is definitely not the time to be seeking opinions on the internet.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon