Crooked Columella and Uneven Nostrils After Rhinoplasty

I recently had Rhinoplasty done (June 16th). My nose was very wide and lacked definition. As time passes, my nostrils appear to be uneven. The left nostril appears to drop lower than the right one. The columella appears to be folding over to the right. Also, the swelling has gone down tremendously, but it's like you still can see straight up my nostrils. I did not have this problem before the surgery. I go back to the doctor Monday to have the remaining tape removed I have a great doctor and I am praying for the best. Any advice?

Concern about swelling and asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Rhinoplasty patient,
I reviewed your post rhinoplasty photo. Since you had your surgery two weeks ago, there is significant swelling that will resolve over few months period. Therefore it is too soon to judge the final outcome now. Since you have a good rapport with your surgeon, talk to him for advice. Good luck and good healing.

Assymetrical nasal swelling

+1

You probably have normal asymmetrical post operative swelling. This will improve; your surgery was only two weeks ago. It sounds like you have an excellent relationship with your doctor. You two will work through this together.

Rhinoplasty Recovery: Be Patient

+1

During the first several weeks, following rhinoplasty, the nose undergoes significant changes as the swelling subsides. The swelling gradually dissipates over the first several months and thus the appearance of the nose changes gradually. The swelling can fluctuate on a daily basis,and different areas of the nose may retain swelling longer than others. This often gives the nose an uneven appearance.

Be patient. As the swelling goes down, the appearance should improve. Visit with you surgeon early about your concerns so that any issues can be addressed at the appropriate times.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon