Rhinoplasty Cost Question? (photo)

I'll be turning 18 next year and I want a rhinoplasty, I know it's might be odd for a guy to want this done but I am very insecure about this and someone once told me my nose reminds them of a bird.... Anyway I feel my nose is too asymmetric and my septum is deviated (I'm pretty sure), the tip is bulbous, the nostrils are too big, it's too wide (especially when I smile), there are some bumps on the side, and it just sticks out to far. What might the price be to correct this?

Rhinoplasty Cost or Nose Job Cost

The cost of a rhinoplasty will vary from one area to another as well as what need to be done (how extensive the surgery is).In general however, most surgeons can give you a pretty good estimate of what a surgery will be.I have a page on my website that answers questions about cost for specific procedures including a rhinoplasty.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a rhinoplasty

The cost of a rhinoplasty is driven by 3 fees, which include time under anesthesia, time in the operating room, and the surgeon's fee for performing the rhinoplasty procedure.  The Price  based on geography and the surgeon's experience. A closed rhinoplasty approach can address changes that are required such as removing a dorsal hump, making the nose more symmetric, reducing the bulbous tip, narrowing the nostrils, and narrowing the nasal bones with osteotomies. A septoplasty is performed for blockage of airflow in the back of the nose when there is a deviated septum present and medical necessity has been documented. A rhinoplasty and a septoplasty are 2 completely separate operations, but both can be performed at the same time. For many examples and our price list, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty Cost

Questions regarding cost are very fair and appropriate.  It is difficult to provide precise pricing information without an in person consultation and exam.

Factors that affect cost include:  primary versus revision surgery; open versus closed rhinoplasty; anesthesia fees; facility fees; surgeon's fee.

After your consultation with your surgeon, you will receive a detailed written quote containing pricing information.

One resource that may be helpful in located a Facial Plastic Surgeon in your area is the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery:

In the meantime, if you like, please follow the link below.  The article on Nasal Analysis contains useful diagrams and may help guide your consultation with your surgeon.

Best wishes and good luck.

Dr. Shah

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed today. It can reshape, reduce or augment a person’s nose to achieve facial harmony and boost self-confidence. It is normal for young male patients to inquiry about rhinoplasty. The best advice is to make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and go from there. You’ll learn about the procedure and also you’ll get a quote.

Male Rhinoplasty

Hi Beauregard,

From the photos posted you are probably a good rhinoplasty candidate. Many men have concerns regarding their nose and have successful rhinoplasty. I recommend consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who will examine both the external and internal aspects of yoru nose. At that point an accurate cost estimate can be given. Good luck.

Dr. Tom Kaniff

Thomas E. Kaniff, MD, FACS
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male Rhinoplasty

It is common for male patients to request a Rhinoplasty.You should contact potentisl surgeons directly.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Male rhinoplasty

You are not the only one!  Many men request rhinoplasty and if you are unhappy with your nose you should seek a consultation.

Male rhinoplasty is common

A man getting a rhinoplasty is quite common, so don't think you are the only one considering this. The goal of a rhinoplasty is to create a nose that has harmony with the remainder of the face. You also want to be able to breathe well out of it. Ultimately, I'd recommend you see someone with extensive experience since rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult facial plastic surgery procedures to master. I personally charge $7500-$9500 for a rhinoplasty. That includes the surgical center and anesthesia costs.
Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Quintessa Aesthetic Center

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

How expensive is rhinoplasty?

This is a very common request. It is not at all unusual for men to seek rhinoplasty in order to achieve the nose that they feel best fits their face. If you have breathing issues as you suggest these could also be addressed during a surgery to change the appearance of your nose. With regard to price that varies widely depending upon the surgeon you choose and the city where you choose to have surgery. As a ballpark range, rhinoplasty can cost anywhere from $5000-15,000. This is the cost for the cosmetic portion of your procedure but your insurance would likely cover any work required to improve your breathing. Insurance, however, will not cover any cosmetic changes to your nose. Rhinoplasty is the most challenging facial plastic procedure. So take your time and choose your surgeon after serious consideration. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good Candidate for Septorhinoplasty

Dear Beauregard,

You would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. You could use some alterations to your nose that would keep a natural appearance to bring aesthetic harmony to your entire facial structure and features.You have a nice strong chin and want to keep a masculine looking nose. If you have breathing problems then I suggest a septoplasty which is the functional aspect and rhinoplasty which is the aesthetic aspect. These two procedures done together are called "septorhinoplasty". As far as you stating that it is "odd' for a male to have rhinoplasty this is not the case. I have a large percentage of rhinoplasty patients that are male. While you do not see as many before and after photographs on  male patients that is due to the fact that most male patient's do not like their photographs online. I do a lot of male patient's who have had trauma to the nose related mainly to sports and they have their noses refined while correcting the functional aspects. If you would like to contact me personally via my website or email address I would be happy to send over some scanned photos of male noses that are similar to yours. During consultation phase I do digital imaging of the nose and can show the patient their proposed result prior to surgery. This may be helpful for you to see what modifications would be surgically proposed and how it will affect your overall appearance. Best regards, Michael V. Elam M.D.

Michael Elam, MD