Rhinoplasty Cost Question? (photo)

I'll be turning 18 next year and I want a rhinoplasty, I know it's might be odd for a guy to want this done but I am very insecure about this and someone once told me my nose reminds them of a bird.... Anyway I feel my nose is too asymmetric and my septum is deviated (I'm pretty sure), the tip is bulbous, the nostrils are too big, it's too wide (especially when I smile), there are some bumps on the side, and it just sticks out to far. What might the price be to correct this?

Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed today. It can reshape, reduce or augment a person’s nose to achieve facial harmony and boost self-confidence. It is normal for young male patients to inquiry about rhinoplasty. The best advice is to make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and go from there. You’ll learn about the procedure and also you’ll get a quote.

Male Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Beauregard,

From the photos posted you are probably a good rhinoplasty candidate. Many men have concerns regarding their nose and have successful rhinoplasty. I recommend consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who will examine both the external and internal aspects of yoru nose. At that point an accurate cost estimate can be given. Good luck.

Dr. Tom Kaniff

Thomas E. Kaniff, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male Rhinoplasty

+1

It is common for male patients to request a Rhinoplasty.You should contact potentisl surgeons directly.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Male rhinoplasty

+1

You are not the only one!  Many men request rhinoplasty and if you are unhappy with your nose you should seek a consultation.

Male rhinoplasty is common

+1
A man getting a rhinoplasty is quite common, so don't think you are the only one considering this. The goal of a rhinoplasty is to create a nose that has harmony with the remainder of the face. You also want to be able to breathe well out of it. Ultimately, I'd recommend you see someone with extensive experience since rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult facial plastic surgery procedures to master. I personally charge $7500-$9500 for a rhinoplasty. That includes the surgical center and anesthesia costs.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Quintessa Aesthetic Center

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

How expensive is rhinoplasty?

+1

This is a very common request. It is not at all unusual for men to seek rhinoplasty in order to achieve the nose that they feel best fits their face. If you have breathing issues as you suggest these could also be addressed during a surgery to change the appearance of your nose. With regard to price that varies widely depending upon the surgeon you choose and the city where you choose to have surgery. As a ballpark range, rhinoplasty can cost anywhere from $5000-15,000. This is the cost for the cosmetic portion of your procedure but your insurance would likely cover any work required to improve your breathing. Insurance, however, will not cover any cosmetic changes to your nose. Rhinoplasty is the most challenging facial plastic procedure. So take your time and choose your surgeon after serious consideration. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good Candidate for Septorhinoplasty

+1

Dear Beauregard,

You would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. You could use some alterations to your nose that would keep a natural appearance to bring aesthetic harmony to your entire facial structure and features.You have a nice strong chin and want to keep a masculine looking nose. If you have breathing problems then I suggest a septoplasty which is the functional aspect and rhinoplasty which is the aesthetic aspect. These two procedures done together are called "septorhinoplasty". As far as you stating that it is "odd' for a male to have rhinoplasty this is not the case. I have a large percentage of rhinoplasty patients that are male. While you do not see as many before and after photographs on  male patients that is due to the fact that most male patient's do not like their photographs online. I do a lot of male patient's who have had trauma to the nose related mainly to sports and they have their noses refined while correcting the functional aspects. If you would like to contact me personally via my website or email address I would be happy to send over some scanned photos of male noses that are similar to yours. During consultation phase I do digital imaging of the nose and can show the patient their proposed result prior to surgery. This may be helpful for you to see what modifications would be surgically proposed and how it will affect your overall appearance. Best regards, Michael V. Elam M.D.

Michael Elam, MD