Dallas, TX Rhinoplasty Cost?

I'm a 15-year-old girl and I dislike my nose. I was wondering, what is the cost for a nose job in the Dallas, TX?

Rhino Costs

+1

Before proceeding with nose surgery ensure that your nose has reached physical maturity.  The next important thing is to choose a qualified surgeon as you will want to avoid future costs associated with revision surgery.  Costs in the city will generally be higher than suburban areas so you may want to check outseide the city as well.

Rhinoplasty cost in Dallas

+1

The cost of a rhinoplasty depends on where you are located.  The more urban areas, like Dallas, will  cost higher than urban areas. .  While price is always a consideration, it is more important to check the surgeons qualifications, board status and experience.  Rhinoplasty is a complex operation and you have to choose someone who is skilled over a good price.

Philip Miller, MD

Dallas, TX Rhinoplasty Cost?

+1

Average cost with anesthesia and facility will be $5000-$15000, depending on the surgeon and what needs to be done. 

Ramtin Kassir, MD

6,000 average

+1

First, it may be best to wait until your nose has been stable without any change for one year.  I believe 15 years of age is two young and for female patients I would recommend 16-17 years of age.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dallas Rhinoplasty Costs & Insurance Information

+1

The price of a rhinoplasty can vary significantly. Factors that affect the price include your surgeon's geographic location, level of experience, and the techniques and time required to perform your surgery. The American Socieity for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery's Statistics on Cosmetic Surgery note that the national average surgeon's fee for 2007 was approximately $4800. You should check with your doctor to find out what other fees are involved, such as anesthesia fees or surgical center fees.

Most insurance companies will not pay for nasal surgery performed for cosmetic reasons. Occassionally, they will cover surgery performed to correct post-traumatic deformities. Insurance will, however, pay for the portion of a rhinoplasty that is done to improve your breathing -- i.e., correcting a deviated septum (septoplasty) or reconstructing collapsed breathing passages (spreader grafts). You should check with your physician to see if he accepts insurance and whether or not you are a candidate for these types of procedures.

A septoplasty does not change the shape of the nose and is therefore considered a functional procedure as opposed to a cosmetic procedure. As such, it is a procedure that insurance should pay for (as well as facility fees and anesthesia costs). Verification of benefits and prior authorization before surgery should be obtained.

Rhinoplasty is considered a cosmetic procedure. It is very unlikely that insurance will contribute to that portion of the procedure. Even though the rhinoplasty portion of your surgery will be considered cosmetic, the functional component will be covered by your insurance and may decrease your out of pocket expense.

However, for patients with a history of prior nasal trauma and documented symptoms of nasal obstruction, a septorhinoplasty may be covered by your insurance. This terminology denotes that the surgery is performed to correct funcational problems and required reshaping the nose.

Choose a rhinoplasty surgeon who has experience in correcting both functional and cosmetic nose problems. Check to see if the physician's office can assist with your arranging your insurance pre-authorization.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a nose job in Dallas

+1

Franky,

It depends, everyone will be a little bit different. The most important thing is that you find yourself a board certified plastic surgeon. Among us, there will be great variation in cost. The range will go from about 5 to 10 thousand dollars .. that's pretty average across the country nowadays. This figure includes the surgeon, the anesthesiologist and the operating room as well as the follow up visits after surgery.

It's an outpatient surgery, meaning you can go home after you wake up. You'll need to wait until you're sixteen (that's typically the earliest age most board certified plastic surgeons assign to do your surgery).

Most won't discuss the exact cost until you go to thier office for an evaluation, this way we know exactly what we're dealing with. As you may imagine, we need to examine your nose, feel the cartilage and thickness of your skin, etcetera before planning your acutal operation.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD