Rhinoplasty Concerns: Too Much off of Bridge So the Tip Looks Too Round and Upturn? (photo)

I had Rhinoplasty done 4/2010 by a top surgeon in MA. We talked ahead of time about what I was looking for, and even did computer imaging. I expressed concern when they took the cast off, through email, then again at my 6 month appt. My Dr. told me I was nitpicking, so I kept waiting to get used to my nose. I am worried I spent 10 grand and I am still unhappy with my nose. Concerns: Too much off of bridge so the tip looks too round and upturn Should I get a revision, or am I nitpicking?

2 Years After Rhinoplasty And Still Unhappy - What Should I Do?

+1

After 2 years, if you are still unhappy with the appearance of your post-rhinoplasty nose and if the problem is an easy one to fix such as a low bridge, then I don't believe you are nitpicking. 

Noses are incredibly personal.  The old saw. "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so when it comes to your nose, you are definitely the beholder.  If you are not happy with the bridge of your nose, consult with several Board Certified plastic surgeons, including your previous plastic surgeon.  These consultations will answer the question of whether you are nitpicking or if a revision is in order.   

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Low Bridge Following Rhinoplasty

+1

If you're not satisfied with the appearance of your nose you're not nitpicking when you share your concerns. Talk to your surgeon about a revision or get a second opinion.The bridge of your nose can be augmented.

Concerns

+1

You are correct!  Revision Rhinoplasty is always a possibility and your foreknowledge of possible untoward results will be very helpful this time around.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty concerns: tip is too big and dorsum is too low

+1

Dear June,

I actually agree with your assessment of your nose. Your tip is overprojected and rounded in the infratip area thus creating an illusion of overrotation.  And your dorsum is too low thus accentuating overprojected tip even more. If you are unhappy about the appearance of your nose (and it sounds like you are), I think you should consider a revision surgery. The revision should include building up the height of the dorsum (and there are several ways of doing this) and revising the tip to decrease its projection and roundness.  I don't have your front view photos, which may reveal some other things you may require. Make sure to consult a rhinoplasty surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Concerned about tt results after rhinoplasty

+1

I agree with your assessment. It appears that you have had over reduction of the bridge. The tip appears round but it is difficult to be critical with just a side view. It has been ling enough since your surgery to consider secondary rhinoplasty. I don't think your nose will change any further. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Do I Need Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

Hello. While your concerns are valid, I believe that you have an elegant result. I would not recommend undergoing the revision process for such a minor change, but in the end it is your nose and your decision. Talk with your surgeon about the revision process if you strongly desire a to change your nose.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD