Cartilage Dropped in Nasal Tip After Rhinoplasty

I am 2 1/2 weeks post-op from an open rhinoplasty. When my splint came off, I noticed a marked shift to the right despite having a straight nose to begin with. I was told this was due to differential swelling. At 2 weeks, I still had significant swelling and was given a medrol pack...now at the right side of my tip I have a sharp protrusion. I saw my doc today and he said my cartilage has "droppped." He said I most likely need to go back to surgery as early as next week or I can wait and see?

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

This is very tricky, and if your surgeon feels he needs to go back to make an adjustment, then that is his call.  Swelling persists for a while, but a cartilage graft that has shifted or moved will be unlikely to shift into the place it needs to be.

Good luck.

Cartilage Shift after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very rare that I would recommend revision within 3 weeks of a rhinoplasty. However, only your surgeon knows exactly what was done during your operation and therefore what is causing the "protrusion". If he/she is suggesting a minor adjustment listen to your surgeon but share your concerns. Another alternative is to get a second opinion with your operative report in hand.