Columella Drooping Due to Swelling After Rhinoplasty?

It has been 4 months after my Rhinoplasty and my columella is kind of hanging. My doctor says it's swelling and that it will shrink up soon. Can someone tell me if it is swelling from the looks of my pictures? Thank you.

Hanging Columella

+1

At 4 months you undoubtedly have swelling. The real question is how much, and will this resolve enough to satisfy you. I share your concern, but it will be a relatively minor procedure  to correct your hanging columella. Wait another 4-6 months to make your decision.

It looks like it is hanging.

+1

If it is still the same in 2 months your surgeon can take out a small piece to elevate it. If he doesn't wish to do this, get a second opinion.

Hard to answer properly without profile view

+1

The profile will tell the story. Sometimes it does take four months for swelling to reduce because gravity causes fluid to get trapped in the lowest point of the nose which is the columella, the vertical " little column" that separates the two nostrils.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.