Am I getting rhinoplasty too close to my wedding date?

I am getting married on August 3, 2014 and I just booked my rhinoplasty surgery for April 8. I am getting the bump removed and the tip shortened/refined. I understand that there is swelling after surgery and that the nose doesn't fully settle until a year after surgery. However, my concern is being very swollen on my wedding. I don't mind if my nose is the same size as now, I am just concerned with having a swollen-looking appearance or having my nose look larger than it currently is.

Rhinoplasty before your wedding

+1

Four months of time it is certainly adequate  recovery time for a rhinoplasty procedure prior to your wedding. while the tip may be slightly swollen at that point the bridge should be well healed where the hump  used to be.  Make sure you seek out an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for best results

Rhinoplasty

+1

Four months should be ok, the recovery time on rhinoplasty can take up to a year depending on the severity of the case and swelling.  Most of my patients look fine after four months.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

4 months is adequate recovery after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question.  Although the refinement of the nasal tip after rhinoplasty is not complete until about a year, certainly by 4 months most of your swelling caused by rhinoplasty will be gone and you should look fine for your wedding.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

4 months is probably OK between rhinoplasty and wedding

+1

This is probably enough time. However, 6-12 months would be ideal. Most swelling should have resolved by this point. But this is your big day and it would be nice to have more time to heal. It sounds like you're committed to proceeding and that is probably OK. Best of luck!

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Before Wedding

+1

At four months before your wedding and with the type of rhinoplasty you are having done, you should be fine by then. Most of not all of the significant swelling will be well gone by then. The fine details of the rhinoplasty will be ones that only you see thereafter.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  You should be fine with 4 months of lead time.  The vast majority of any swelling will be gone by that point.  There will be some remaining of course, but that is something that only your surgeon and you will notice in all likelihood. You certainly should not be VERY swollen, and your nose should look significantly better than pre-op by then.   I hope this helps and best of luck!

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Rhinoplasty prior to wedding

+1
A year in advance would be ideal.  With the dates that you listed you should be ok, but of course there are certainties.  I think 3 months recovery before a major even is the least amount of time, but it also depends on the patients tolerance of risk.  With that said I had a patient who walked the runway as a evening dress model the day we took the splint off (1 wk).  Her photos is in my realself gallery.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Getting married after rhinoplasty

+1
first of all, congratulations.  
You are giving yourself almost 4 months to recover, which should be enough time. While your nose won't be at its final resting place, it certainly won't be larger than it is currently, and should have the overall shape that will have permanently. 

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

+1
This will depend upon techniques used and the overall reduction that the surgeon is able to achieve.

Find a plastic surgeon with elite credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty Prior to Wedding

+1
Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding!  You should be just fine having your surgery in April and the wedding in August.  Swelling takes weeks to months to settle down, but you are the only one that will notice that.  Have your surgery and enjoy your new nose for your wedding pictures.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD