Will a Rhinoplasty or Chin Reduction Be Better to Feminize my Face? (photo)

I wish to get both a chin reduction and a rhinoplasty done but I'll have to do the procedures separately. Which procedure should I get done first - will a rhinoplasty or chin reduction be better to feminize my face?

Rhinoplasty to feminize face

+1

A rhinoplasty would be the better choice since it will refine and feminize facial features.  A hump is composed of both bone and cartilage and can be removed.  Osteotomies are performed at the nasal bones to narrow the bridge once the hump has been removed.  The tip can be narrowed through different techniques including suturing of the cartilages and removal of the lateral part of the cartilage.

Chin surgery and Rhinoplasty

+1

Chin surgery and Rhinoplasty are an excellent combination in someone who would benefit from both.  based on your photos, i do not feel that you need chin surgery.  Your chin proportions are close to ideal and with the right nose shape, your chin is quite feminine.  Therefore, I would consider refining the shape of your nose.  RB

Ramin Behmand, MD

Rhinoplasty vs Chin Reduction to Feminize Face.

+1

I recommend that you reduce and refine your nose which will make an immediate obvious difference and bring your nose into proportion with the rest of your positive facial features. The results of your chin surgery will be more subtle.

Based on your photos, you may consider Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

You have nice chin projection which will keep your neck skin tight for years to come. I would suggest leaving your chin alone.

Expert rhinoplasty techniques may lead to a narrower appearance of your nose, along with nasal shortening, tip rotation, profile lowering and a more feminine appearance.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph 

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will a Rhinoplasty or Chin Reduction Be Better to Feminize my Face?

+1

Based upon the under exposed photos posted I would do both in one operation. But if I had to chose I would opt for the rhinoplasty. 

A rhinoplasty would help provide a more feminine appearance

+1

Given the photos that you presented and your written concerns but without the advantage of a formal consultation, it appears that your best approach would be to undergo a rhinoplasty. When done properly by an experienced surgeon, you should be able to realize a more feminine appearing nose such as by narrowing and removing the hump, etc. Your chin does not masculinize your face.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

My Nose

+1

You will be well served to concentrate your thoughts on your nose.  I would consult with a Board Certified Cosmetic Surgeon regarding your entire facial balance.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Surgery- Which Should Be Done First?

+1

I would definitely start with the rhinoplasty. Changing your nose would likely make a much bigger difference than reducing the chin. Realizing that the nose and the chin play off each other in balancing the other features of the face, when you change the shape of your nose, you may actually like the way your chin looks and avoid having to do a second surgery. I like the shape of your chin and would probably not recommend doing anything to it, even if you could do both surgeries at the same time.. As for the nose, it could certainly be made to look more feminine by reducing it's size (from the side and front), rotating the tip upwards, and narrowing the base. A consult with computer imaging would be very helpful to you. Not only would you be able to see what your nose would look like after the surgery, but you would also be able to see what kind of effect the rhinoplasty would have on the overall appearance of your face. I do have an office in Greenwood Village and would love to be able to evaluate you in person.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

You already have a feminine chin (round and behind the nose-lip tangent line) and I do not see how reducing it will make it more feminine. As for the nose rotating the tip slightly upward and narrowing the alar base may be all that is required for a more feminine appearance.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

Aesthetically speaking, your chin while slightly too large for a woman looks OK IMHO.  The most important things to further feminize the face would be to thin and refine the nose with Rhinoplasty.