I Had Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant Last Week. Can I Travel on a 9 Hour Flight Next Week?

It will be 2 weeks and 4 days after my surgery. I will be on a 9 hour flight. Is it Ok? I also want to know when can I lay under the sun after rhinoplasty and chin implant and when can I wash my whole face with soap and water and put lotion on it?

Flying After Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi AnnaSR-

Assuming your healing process has been uneventful to date, there should be no problem with a long flight. You might want to avoid heavy lifting. My best advice is to check with your surgeon who knows your situation.

Sincerely,

Tom Kaniff

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Travel and Rhinoplasty

+1

I would have no problem with my patient traveling 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty. You may notice a slight increase in swelling from cabin pressure changes but this should not affect your end result. Be sure not to over exert yourself with your luggage etc. I would not recommend that you lay in the sun this soon however. I would suggest a good sunscreen and a hat as well. You are ok in my opinion to wash your face and chin with soap and lotion is ok so long as you do not put any directly on your incisions. Always be sure to discuss travel plans with your sugeon. Have fun.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon