Rhinoplasty Plus Chin Augmentation (photo)

I'm considering a rhinoplasty to decrease the size of my nose along with chin augmentation to compensate for my weak chin. I have an overbite, but I cannot have jaw surgery. I was leaning towards a sliding genioplasty to increase my vertical facial height and bring my chin into the proper position. Would you recommend an implant or a genioplasty? would you recommend any other procedures? I'm 17 years old. I will turn 18 next week.

Rhinoplasty with chin augmentation

+1

At age 18 it is certainly acceptable to undergo a chin implant. With a chin implant a majority of the implant has anterior projection but there is also a small amount of vertical height that is gained from the implant itself. This can certainly be performed at the same time as a rhinoplasty to reduce the size of your nose. The sliding genioplasty is usually done as an inpatient procedure, where as the chin implant and rhinoplasty is performed as an outpatient procedure. Look for a rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed thousands of chin and nose surgeries so as to give you your best results.  

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+1

A reduction rhinoplasty with augmentation of the radix (upper bridge) would improve your appearance. However, I cannot recommend a chin implant or genioplasty on the basis of the picture submitted. An examination of your overbite and a proper profile view would be necessary to determine if either of these procedures would be beneficial.

You appear to be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty Surgery, but I don't think you need a Chin Implant.

+1

I reviewed your photo and your concerns. I think well performed Rhinoplasty Surgery could address your profile hump, and result in a smaller, more feminine nasal appearance.

Your profile photo does not indicate a "weak chin", and I'm not sure you would be happy with a Chin Implant.

I hope you find this helpful.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin and nose surgery

+1

It is difficult to say what you need without examining you.  One photo and a not true lateral is difficult to comment on. 

Chin and Nose

+1

Performing both a rhinoplasty and chin augmentation has sometimes been referred to as a profiloplasty;. I would agree with the others and feel a chin augmentation is unnecessary.

Too much internet

+1

I think you've been doing too much internet research.  Also, the photo you posted is not a true profile view making it difficult to assess your true needs.  From what I can see, your chin does NOT need augmentation.  It is already strong enough.  It does appear however, that your lower facial height is short, which is what you alluded to with the genioplasty and would respond to that procedure. 

Your nose can be refined and the root of your nose needs augmentation (grafting).  Before getting a genioplasty you might benefit from formal cephalometric analysis.  Xrays of your facial skeleton would be taken and formal measurements made to determine how much vertical lengthening your chin would require.  See a plastic surgeon that specializes in craniofacial surgery for a full consultation.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Either genioplasty or chin implant will create a masculine look.

+1

Hi.

1)  You are absolutely right that both the nose and the chin have to be evaluated together.  But based on the one photograph, your chin is quite attractive by several standards and should be left alone.

2)  Your nose can certainly be refined.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty with or without chin implant vs. sliding genioplasty.

+1

Your nose will look better with a reduction, but absolutely with a radix graft for the upper third of your nose. This will bring your nose into balance. You may not look good with either chin procedures because of you jaw. This will make the groove in your chin deeper and it already looks deep enough.

See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Rhinoplasty and chin

+1

Looking at your profile photograph, not sure if you need chin augmentation, although I can't comment on the overbite problem.

Dr T.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You need to be seen and evaluated

+1

It is impossible to give you an answer without seeing and evaluating you in person. This is why many plastic surgeons offer complimentary consultations so we can let you know what you really need.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD