Rhinoplasty + Chin Augmentation (Pictures). Can my Chin Be Worked On? What Does my Nose Need?

I am a 26 year old male and have always have been self conscious of my nose & chin. Below are some pictures of my nose at different angles and a profile shot. I would like to get a rhinoplasty in the summer of 2014. I am curious as to whether a chin augmentation would help me & what I should ask the doctor to do for my nose. Also, is a chin and rhinoplasty at the same time recommended? Also, what would the cost be for the combined surgery and what is the down time?

Rhinoplasty with chin augmentation

+2
Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation are a relatively common combination of surgeries because of the relatively common facial variation where a larger nose exists with a smaller chin. Many people are fine with this appearance because it makes them distinct from others, while other people might wish to change their appearance. The amount by which you wish to reduce your nasal size and augment your chin is highly individualized and is in fact customizable to a large degree. The best way to determine your goals is to be evaluated during a comprehensive evaluation, where your goals and the feasibilities of those goals can be determined. Computer simulations can help to depict those goals. Find a surgeon you feel comfortable with, and it is important during your consultation that you view many before and after photos of similar cases as yours by your surgeon and possibly speak to patients from that surgeon after your consultation. Furthermore, it is important to have realistic goals and to also find a surgeon who is dedicated in seeing you through the journey, especially in the rare event you may wish to enhance or revise your surgical results down the road.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+1

Rhinoplasty performed in combination with chin augmentation is a very common procedure.  Recovery is approximately 2-3weeks depending on how much surgery is required on your nose - specifically if you have problems with a deviated septum or breathing difficulties.

It is difficult to give you an appropriate assessment as your photographs have some distortion.  My recommendation is for you to see a board certified surgeon who is thoroughly familiar with both the aesthetic and functional aspects of rhinoplasty surgery.

Good luck, I believe you have the potential for a really great surgical outcome.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

If you do both, which I recommend, it would be foolish not to do them at the same time. Your nose can be improved by removing the relatively small hump, narrowing the entire nose, and reducing and refining your wide bulbous tip. The cost will be $9,000-12,000 including the surgeon's and anesthesia fees and the operating charges.

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1

A chin augmentation and rhinoplasty are often performed together. The two procedures complement each other and can give the patient a fantastic result. Rhinoplasty cost can vary depending on the complexity of the surgery and your location. The initial recovery is around 2 weeks. You will have a hard cast on your nose the first week followed by brown paper tape the second week. Activity should be limitied the first week and increased gradually the second week. Any intense physical activity should be avoided for 4-5 weeks after surgery. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. They will be able to examine your nose in person and provide you with advice. When looking for a surgeon, consider credentials, board certification, a good amount of before and after photos showcasing the surgeon's work, and great patient testimonials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty suggestions

+1

Thanks for the photos to review. I think your tip is wide and droopy. It lacks projection and definition. The dorsum may be alright but might also be able to be lowered just a bit, it is hard to say without an exam. The options for your chin include an implant and sliding genioplasty. I think that you will probably lose a lot of your central chin dimple with an implant, so you'll need to think about that. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1

The combination of rhinoplasty and chin augmentation is very common in our practice.  The chin implant is composed of Silastic, is inserted through  a submental approach and placed directly over the bone. The rhinoplasty procedure would involve slightly narrowing  and refining the tip, removing the dorsal convexity and osteotomies to narrow  and straighten the bridge line. A spreader graft may be required on a concave upper lateral cartilage.The link below is to our before and after photo gallery for the combination of chin implant and rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1

It is difficult to say from the views you posted what if anything should be done for your chin. AS for your nose, it is best to discuss with your surgeon what bothers you about it.

Combination Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+1

The very widely splayed lower alar cartilages of your nose could be reduced as well as nostril narrowing to make your tip and nostril base less wide. That is the greatest benefit you could get from a rhinoplasty procedure. Your chin is slightly short and would likely benefit from a chin augmentation as well. You should have computer imaging to show you the effects of both procedures alone and in combination, that is the best way to determine if these changes are for you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant.

+1

These two are often done together since u have a wide under projected nose and a weak chin. The cost is about $10 K and should be done be a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.