I am considering a rhinoplasty or chin augmentation. What alterations would suit my face shape?

Salutations, I have always been dissatisfied with my facial features but cannot quantify why. On the one hand my face is tall with a prominent forehead but a bit of a baby face. I've inherited my Grandpa's 'Hungarian' bumpy, bulbous nose. A co-worker once described my face as 'mean.' Is this because of the nose's pronounced nasion? I am currently crowd sourcing suggestions on how to proceed. Respectfully, Sief

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Hello Sief! Thank you so much for the photos! Isn't it said that a large forehead means you are intelligent? What I would suggest for you would be to build up the dorsum of your nose and revise the tip, make it smaller. This, with a chin augmentation, will balance out your facial features and make you appear more refined and less "angry." You have a prominent orbital ridge, so building up the dorsum of your nose will compliment this; and reducing the tip of your nose so it is not as bulbous will also improve your appearance. Not only will a chin augmentation improve your profile view, but it will also improve your frontal view as it will elongate the lower portion of your face to match and compliment your nose and forehead. If you go to drkimberlyhenry.com, you will see many photos that demonstrate this procedure. We would love to help you! Give our office a call, at (415)924-1313, our patient coordinator Janelle would be happy to speak with you regarding your desires, expectations, and surgery in general! And of course, feel free to call or email me with any other questions or concerns you may have!

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

The Rhinoplasty procedure involves adjusting the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip with suture techniques and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal. Osteotomies are required narrow the sidewalls of the nose.

A chin implant is inserted through sub-mental approach and placed directly over the bone. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic are placed under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure

Both procedures can be done together or separately. For examples of the combination of rhinoplasty and chin implants, please see the link below for many patients we have performed that combination upon

+1

A chin implant will improve facial balance, but a rhinoplasty can be performed as well. This really depends upon what you are looking to achieve specifically.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nose and chin

+1

A stronger chin will decrease the baby face look. This may be achieved by a chin implant or advancement genioplasty. Your now looks proportionate and could be refined a little. Good luck. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD