Should I Have a Rhinoplasty to Change the Tip of my Nose? (photo)

I like the way my nose looks when I'm not smiling, but upon smiling it looks wide and ball like at the base. Should I have this changed through surgery or does my current nose fit my face?

Bulbous nasal tip addressed with conservative surgery

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a conservative surgery addressing the bulbous nasal tip you have to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

496 Old Newport Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92663

Should I Have a Rhinoplasty to Change the Tip of my Nose?

Your face is very attractive despite the slightly wide nasal tip. If you'd like this refined a Tip Plasty would be required that doesn't require a complete Rhinoplasty.

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Rhinoplasty to change appearance of tip

Your nose fits your features very well even when smiling.  When smiling, it is normal for the nose to flare , however, there are techniques that can be used to reduced the width of the nose if you are truly unhappy with its appearance.  You should consult with a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon to help you in making a well-informed decision.  Ultimately, it will be up to you.  Best of luck.

Corey S. Maas, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

2400 Clay Street
San Francisco, CA 94115

Should I Have a Rhinjoplasty to Improve My Tip?

Only you can answer your question. Your tip can be improved with a very limited rhinoplasty, ie. a tip-plasty. Seek the advice of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Do I need a rhinoplasty?

Don't touch your nose. It's naturally beautiful and fits your face wonderfully. You are being to critical of yourself. 

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1515 North Flagler Dr.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

It's up to you

Ultimately this needs to be your decision. I suggest having a one-on-one consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area and have the surgeon morph your pictures. This will allow you to see what your nose and face would look like after having facial surgery.  If you are pleased with the consultation then you can move forward more confidently.
Best of luck to you!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

1810 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

You do not need surgery

Your nose fits your face and you should leave it alone. You have a great smile and your nose blends in.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

3901 Veterans Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002

Rhinoplasty or not

If you want my vote, I say 'no'. Deflection of the tip with smiling is natural and you are fine just the way you are.

8901 West Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016

Nose tip

I would not recommend a surgery. The only thing you could do is risk ruining a beautiful nearly perfect face. Count your blessings and believe in yourself

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

3711 Lomita Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip.

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip can be done with just a tip plasty. Your face is beautiful the way it is and you need nothing---keep on smiling!

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210