Should I Have a Rhinoplasty to Change the Tip of my Nose? (photo)

I like the way my nose looks when I'm not smiling, but upon smiling it looks wide and ball like at the base. Should I have this changed through surgery or does my current nose fit my face?

Should I Have a Rhinoplasty to Change the Tip of my Nose?

+1

Your face is very attractive despite the slightly wide nasal tip. If you'd like this refined a Tip Plasty would be required that doesn't require a complete Rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty to change appearance of tip

+1

Your nose fits your features very well even when smiling.  When smiling, it is normal for the nose to flare , however, there are techniques that can be used to reduced the width of the nose if you are truly unhappy with its appearance.  You should consult with a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon to help you in making a well-informed decision.  Ultimately, it will be up to you.  Best of luck.

Corey S. Maas, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I Have a Rhinjoplasty to Improve My Tip?

+1

Only you can answer your question. Your tip can be improved with a very limited rhinoplasty, ie. a tip-plasty. Seek the advice of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Do I need a rhinoplasty?

+1

Don't touch your nose. It's naturally beautiful and fits your face wonderfully. You are being to critical of yourself. 

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's up to you

+1

Ultimately this needs to be your decision. I suggest having a one-on-one consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area and have the surgeon morph your pictures. This will allow you to see what your nose and face would look like after having facial surgery.  If you are pleased with the consultation then you can move forward more confidently.
Best of luck to you!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

You do not need surgery

+1

Your nose fits your face and you should leave it alone. You have a great smile and your nose blends in.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty or not

+1

If you want my vote, I say 'no'. Deflection of the tip with smiling is natural and you are fine just the way you are.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Nose tip

+1

I would not recommend a surgery. The only thing you could do is risk ruining a beautiful nearly perfect face. Count your blessings and believe in yourself

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip can be done with just a tip plasty. Your face is beautiful the way it is and you need nothing---keep on smiling!

Alar Base Reduction

+1

If you are only concerned about the flaring or wide appearance of your nose with smiling that can be easily addressed with alar base reduction.  This is a common request from patients and can be done discretely.  Only you can decide whether or not you wish to have something enhanced.

Kimberly Lee, MD