Squeezed Rhinoplasty Cast, Did I Ruin Nose Job?

Hello, I'm really scared, I had rhinoplasty turbinoplasty and septoplasty done two days ago and last night I did something really dumb. I thought id wet my cast with the ice and was anxious the cast would fall off, so I really gently squeezed it back onto my face and I felt the bones on the bridge of my nose very slightly move. I am so worried. What are the chances I have wrecked my job and if so is there anything that can be done.

Squeezed rhinoplasty cast, did I ruin nose job?

+2

It is not likely you caused any significant issues. I would recommend following up with your surgeon so he or she may ensure you are continuing to heal properly. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Squeezing your nose after rhinoplasty will probably have no effect.

+2

Is very unlikely will you would have done damage to your nose by squeezing it. Nevertheless it's best to leave it alone until your plastic surgeon gives you the okay.

Moved the splint after a rhinoplasty

+2

More than likely you did not cause any permanent damage to your nose from squeezing the splint.  Hopefully when the splint is removed you will look okay. 

Post rhinoplasty

+2

Touch bases with your surgeon to check your nose.  Most likely you did not hurt anything.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty healing

+2

Dear evemannix,

1. Just give your surgeon a call to see what to do
  2. I wouldn't worry too much until you see him/her for reassurance

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD